Mumble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble?

I was just wondering if TG had a mumble channel and if so is it used? Because i think mumble is better than TS and Vent.
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Re: Mumble?

Originally posted by Vinman13 View Post
    I was just wondering if TG had a mumble channel and if so is it used? Because i think mumble is better than TS and Vent.
    No it does not, at least not officially. Seeing how I've used Mumble quite a bit in addition to TS2, TS3, and Ventrilo (along with a few others), at this point, they're all about the same. TS3 is now comparable to Ventrilo and Mumble's voice quality. Unlike Mumble or Vent, right now TS3 has a few more features and tend to be less expensive to set up a server for (not in the case of Mumble but is so compared to Vent).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well the time it takes to here the voice on mumble is almost insantaniously and on TS and Vent it is around 1 sec+ And that can be VERy helpful when trying to spot an enemy.
      sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Originally posted by Vinman13 View Post
        Well the time it takes to here the voice on mumble is almost insantaniously and on TS and Vent it is around 1 sec+ And that can be VERy helpful when trying to spot an enemy.
        If there's a ocean between you and the server, there's going to a latency lag time of anywhere from a fraction of a second to 1-2 seconds. That's just unavoidable as it takes time for those datapackets to travel such an immense distance. I don't know how Mumble pulls it off, but I'm rather suspiscious if it isn't a lie whereby they delay the transmission just so it "matches" up consecutively.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Same continent: TS and Vent have a 1-2 second delay, mumble seems instant.
          Different continents: TS and Vent have a 1-2 second delay, mumble seems instant.

The difference is how fast it transmits from the mic to the other users, mumble is just faster than TS and Vent. Even a 200ms delay means it is only held up a portion of a second and the rest is the way each program sends and receives the voice data.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X