The A-Team Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A-Team Movie

So who has seen it yet? Just watched it last night and I must say, that I was very impressed. Great all around movie. Lots of actions, good jokes, explosions, gunfire. A true manly movie. Anyone else have any views on it?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: The A-Team Movie

This is actually the first good thing I've heard about it.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
      This is actually the first good thing I've heard about it.
      Really? I thought it was pretty darn good. Meh, to each his own I guess. If we all agreed on movies/games we would have nothing to talk about :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The movie is great.

really, no BS its great

It has the "a-team" feel

All the actors really play the part well. It seems as if it was made with us, the shooter and gamer crowd in mind.

I would deffently say go see it if you can catch it in the theater its well worth the price of admission.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

i thought the casting was great and my brother and myself really enjoyed it

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

District 9 dude was awesome, so was everyone really. Liked the movie :)
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

im so pissed that i havnt been able to see this yet

Comment

Prawns!!!!! Ftw

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I thought it was really good, you just have to bear in mind that they stay pretty true to the original a-team feel. I only remember this because my wife dvr'ed a bunch of episodes during a marathon and we watched them =)
                  |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
                  I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

The A-team movie made Damonte happy. Damonte especially appreciated the explanation as to just *why* B.A. hates flying, especially after 20-some successful jumps as a Ranger.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                      So who has seen it yet? Just watched it last night and I must say, that I was very impressed. Great all around movie. Lots of actions, good jokes, explosions, gunfire. A true manly movie. Anyone else have any views on it?
                      By "good jokes" do you mean corny one-liners that are spoken in the most stressful of situations like combat?

I haven't seen it, but above all else that one element can make or break a movie for me regardless of it's premise. I understand some people get a kick out of it, but it's something I just can't see past to enjoy a flick.

Yes, this prevents me from enjoying 90% of movies released that aren't total comedies.

Comment

I liked 100% then again i haven't really watched to many episodes on TV but from what i can tell really well done although some jokes where annoying but other then that asome movie... not as good as D9 tho ;)
                        <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
                        <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
                        <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                        <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                        <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
                        <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

I saw the movie when it first released. I was extremely pissed when I heard they were making the movie and with all the news about it. I grew up watching the original show, and had a bunch of A-team toys and tee shirts and stuff, and I knew they couldn't make the movie as good. I was right.

BUT......................

The reason I ended up going to see the movie is I read some reviews like Rotten Tomatoes recap show on Hulu, and they said that if you go into the movie absolutly forgetting everything about the TV show, and just take the movie as a fun summer movie, it was good. They were mostly right. Some of the special effects were way over the top, like beyond Michel Bay/Transporter2 over the top. But there were some funny parts.

Also, Jessica Bile was just wrong choice. She was hot and all, and I like her, but not believable in the position she was supposed to be. It felt like that James Bond movie The Would is Not Enough with Denise Richards supposed to be a nuclear physicist. No way in hell............

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Saw it again with an open mind, and have to say, I really enjoyed it. The movie kept going, it was action packed, some scenes were a bit much (UAV Predator Scenes), but all in all, it was a fun fast thrill ride. I am a fan of the Director as well, who did smokin' aces, and if you want a movie rec, check out his first film: NARC. IMHO It has one of the grittiest openings of a drama, cop-drama movie.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I used to love the re-runs as a kid, but haven't yet been able to see the film. Despite the mixed reviews (and no Mr. T as B A) I would still love to see this.

Now I gotta convince the wife of the same.
                              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                              -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X