Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tactical gamers

Hello all,

I just found an old posting on the Operation Flashpoint boards by coincidence that mentioned this website.

I play OFP for years now but I always missed the teamplay (and the game is excellent for that since it's more sim than an action game). Battlefield 1942 is less a sim but an action game though I missed teamplay there even more, everyone just shoots on his own.

So now my question:
    Is tactical gamers really about REAL and coordinated teamplay? I did join a "clan" once on BF1942 and basically it was the same as playing normally (people yelled "here's an enemy" and that was pretty much all of their teamwork), is tactical gamers different?

Also, do you guys still play OFP?

I'd like to check out what teamplay is like in this community, should I just be on the lookout on the mentioned servers (I got the BF2 demo too)?

What I really like about this community is (if I understood correctly) you're just a community with a tag, no more than that, is that correct?
    I don't really like being pressed into some clan with a lot of rules although it's just a game and everything (ok it never works without any rules but some clans require more work than the game really needs) and they ask you to play twice a week, finish some clan boot camp etc., is tactical gamers really different about this?

Re: Question about tactical gamers

"This ritual is called...Crossing the Desert.
    And this, we call the Unblinking Eye."
    "Hey...have you ever noticed that the Crossing the Desert is a lot like the Unblinking Eye. And it's _exactly_ like the Wreck of the Hesperus."
    "And now, the final ordeal: the Paddling of the Swollen Ass...With Paddles."

But anyway, humour aside there is no initiation. No required play time. Heck, you're not even required to be very good at playing. Just as long as you work with your team you should be all set. The BF2 server is a good place to start.

Also, I must take a moment to pimp the NS server, because if you ever want to see Natural Selection being played, this is the place to see it.

Comment

And I must take a moment to offer a tip of the hat to anyone who can accurately and appropriately drop in a quote from The Simpsons.

The one I read the other day ("My eyes! The goggles do nothing!") fit the bill, too, although no one commented on it. :)

Comment

"Eat my shorts"? ;)

Anyways, thanks for the reply, I really prefer teamplay so maybe I finally came to the right spot. :) What about the BF2 demo server, I noticed it's offline (at least no status visible), will it come back online?

Comment

Hi Landorin! Welcome to Tactical Gamer!

I think that you'll find we are more than just "enemy spotted." You are correct in that we're not a clan, however we do have several clans that help make up the TG community. TG is about mature, objective based team play.... and having FUN! We don't have a time requirement, practice requirement, skill requirement. If you can follow some simple rules about teamplay & maturity, then you'll fit right in.

I think BF2 is going to be the bread and butter of TG. It provides some of the best experiences when it comes to team play with the way the commander and squads are setup. Our BF2 retail server is constantly full, however our demo server is probably going to be disappearing in the near future to make room for either another BF2 retail server or for one of the many other games we host. I'd suggest trying out the demo to get a feel for whether your system will handle it and then make a decision about purchasing the retail version. I believe once you try out our BF2 server, you won't want to play anywhere else. It becomes an addiction.

Read through the BF2 forums and you'll notice that we've had a flood of new members who have read about us or stumbled upon us. Many of them are thrilled with the team play aspect we promote.

When you do decide to jump on our retail server, try during the evenings (US time) when most of us are on. Try out different squads so you get a feel for different styles and look for those members with the |TG| tag in their name.

I see that you're located in Germany so I know the hours may not be the best for you, but give it a shot and when you get a chance to play with the TG community you'll never want to play anywhere else.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Landorin
            "Eat my shorts"? ;)

Anyways, thanks for the reply, I really prefer teamplay so maybe I finally came to the right spot. :) What about the BF2 demo server, I noticed it's offline (at least no status visible), will it come back online?
            The BF2 demo server is in the process of being removed to make room for either an additional retail server (since our retail #1 server has been packed most of the time) or to make room for one of our many other games.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Also, if you can ever make one of our password protected nights (open and publicly posted inforums), you'll have a very memorable experience. This is when the server is completely full with team players. I expect the server to be packed for these events.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah for that I'll need BF2 first, however, which will take a while. ;) I guess I try on OFP in the meanwhile. :D

Comment

If BF2 is a bit overwhelming (especially in the action dealie) try the Natural Selection server. It basically shows how everyone on the teama can have a specific, different role that suits thier skills, that helps the team equally. Whatever game you play on TG, think of the most heavenly place to play that game. TG is it. (unless your idea of heaven is constant whining).

Comment

I don't even know what the game "Natural Selection" is. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X