Latest Military Toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Military Toys

Wanted to pass on a couple of links about the latest toys from the tech front:

First up is an exo-skeleton that is supposed to help our boys carry crazy heavy loads all day and not get tired. Posting a couple of links because of different info and comments at each:

HULC exo-skeleton ready for testing, set to hit the ground running next year (video)

Lockheed Martin HULC Exo-Skeleton Prepares to Smash Human Beta Tests

Up next is the latest and greatest in Pew Pew, and I am a bit underwhelmed.

Link: This Is the Future of War

So I'm sitting there watching the video thinking WTF, is this April's Fools? This is the best video we can get? From the comments after the article I'm not the only one scratching their head. And it sure takes a while for the plane to go down.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Latest Military Toys

The "Laser" (had to do it) looks promising. We had something like that in Iraq. At the larger FOB's they had a set up just like it, only instead of lasers it was bullets. It tracked and shot down almost all incoming mortar rounds. Tell you what, it was the best free light show and enlistment can buy! Sounds gnarly too. :)..........................."Lasers".............

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The think the exoskeleton is a cool idea but I can already see some problems they might run into. First of all, what hes wearing looks a little flimsy to be honest, is it going to hold up to all the riggers of infantry combat. Theres a lot of running and dropping down, doing all kind of weired body movements not the get hit. Looking at there design if he falls sideways and hits a rock is it going to stand up for fold and be useless. I noticed that the thing had a little screen on it which makes me think the thing is powered, which is were we run into the limitation of modern battery power. How long can this thing be run before you need to juice it up again.

Comment

They just use really long extension cords John. Its the Army, we dont have batteries yet. ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Anyone see the military channel's program on the Rail Gun?
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...