Modern Music In Video Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Music In Video Games

With the announcement of the band "Linkin Park" providing a song to the soundtrack for the new "Medal Of Honor" game, it got me thinking. I'm not really of fan of identifiable main stream music being placed in video games. I much prefer classic soundtracks with orchestra's and actual scores.

Just wondering how some of you other TG'ers feel on this matter. Are you for, against, or impartial to popular music being put into game titles and why.

*OFFICAL ANNOUNCEMENT*
    EA has announced that Linkin Park song 'The Catalyst' will feature on Medal of Honor's in-game soundtrack. Not only that, but the song - which will be the first single from the band's new album - will also be used for a new Medal of Honor trailer.

The trailer is being directed by Linkin Park's Joe Hahn and will be released on August 1, which is this Sunday. Which is a day before the song goes on general release. To celebrate this union of rock and pretend war, EA has given the upcoming trailer it's own teaser trailer. The teaser also features Linkin Park's song 'That Catalyst'.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Modern Music In Video Games

I think what ever makes the game better. If it has a erie feeling then use a creepy orchestra piece. But if the game is full of action and face paced gameplay then use popular music. For example I love that the Battlefield series has orchestra music and I also love that racing games have popular music.
    sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

I prefer the classical soundtracks, though modern music does work in some games. Take for instance Borderlands - it's opening and closing scores where (sorta) popular rockish songs that I really dug.

I guess it really depends on the game, the mood and the song.

Linkin Park has no business making their "music" let along polluting games and movies (looking at you transformers) with it.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
        Linkin Park has no business making their "music" let along polluting games and movies (looking at you transformers) with it.

Well, you are in for a treat then. Remember the music video they did that was a mix of them performing mixed in with scenes from the movie? Yeah, THATS the new MoH world premiere video. Live action band perfromance mixed with gameplay footage.

Only further proves that this shouldn't happen in games. Keep the two enterprises apart.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hey, I like Linkin Parks music :)
          sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

Take for instance Borderlands
            Cage the Elephant has some pretty good tracks and the music fit Borderlands amazingly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinman13 View Post
              For example I love that the Battlefield series has orchestra music and I also love that racing games have popular music.
              Totally agree.

For shooters game, I think the in-game music usually feels better when it is orchestra music. On the other side, using main-stream popular music for promotions, trailers or credits/intro... why not?!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X