Bioshock Infinite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioshock Infinite

Not a joke. It's in development slated for release in 2012. They do have a trailer though. http://www.whatisicarus.com

I need new pants now.

Re: Bioshock Infinite

That was one of the most unique looking games I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to see this one come into it's own, i like the Steampunk aspect (that heart creeped me out).
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I haven't played the Bioshock games (yet), but this looks very exciting. I love the shot looking down at the fields far below. Looking forward to more news on it.

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
      (that heart creeped me out).
      Then perhaps this is not the shirt for you.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

ZOMG!...........That looks like it will be one helluva game

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

why? every game has a "neat" cinematic now. its all bs promotion. Im getting sick of all the people completely sold on a game because of a cinematic released 2 years before the game.

youre ruining the gaming industry with your repeated gullibility.

Comment

Originally posted by teratoma View Post
            why? every game has a "neat" cinematic now. its all bs promotion. Im getting sick of all the people completely sold on a game because of a cinematic released 2 years before the game.

And why do movie studios only show you the funniest/scariest/most interesting parts of the movie in the previews? To peak your interest. No one is ruining anything. No one has said "I'm sold on this game that comes out in 2 years based on a trailer". We are merely saying, "Interesting...Looks Neat..Purty.." Etc.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

It's been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkqzFUhGPJg
              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                They didnt fight freaking Big Daddies in a floating city in Up. The best they had was fighting an old dude and his dogs.

Congratulations, Mr. Negative. You win the "who caresies" award today.
                First off, why do you feel the need to come in and troll the thread? Let me ask you honestly, do you own MW2 or BC2? Cause thats got more of an impact on ruining the gaming industry by supporting "clone" titles through product purchase than anyone who registers a comment based on a trailer for a game two years out.

Second, have you played the first two Bioshock games? They were beyond spectacular. The graphics were amazing. They both had coherent and comprehensive storylines. The gameplay was eerie, dark and had the ability to give you a scare even if you had been playing the game for several hours already. So whats to make anyone believe that the third will be any less exciting?

Third, as far as games with trailers that were released 2 years before the game, the last that I can really remember that had any kind of major reaction on my part was Halo 2, and that too was an excellent game. So much so that it was the highest selling game of all time, whose record was only beaten by Halo 3! Oh, and since the fourth Halo game comes out in a month, I'm guessing that our continued "gullibility" didnt ruin the gaming industry in that aspect.

Lastly, if you're getting sick of people hyping up games based on their promo content, please bear in mind that you're posting in a GAMING COMMUNITY. Thats what we do. People are going to post about games; new, old and current. Certainly you're not going to agree with some of the views on them. If you happen not to like them, theres not necessarily any need to come in and bash the people who do.

Comment

part 1

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

I need new pants now.
                  Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  ZOMG!...........That looks like it will be one helluva game
                  Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                  No one has said "I'm sold on this game that comes out in 2 years based on a trailer". We are merely saying, "Interesting...Looks Neat..Purty.." Etc.
                  Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                  That was one of the most unique looking games I've seen in a long time.
                  Riiiiight....

..also, how is that unique? its bio-shock in the air.. instead of under water.

Comment

..also, how is that unique? its bio-shock in the air.. instead of under water.
                    I hate to be the guy to quote the dictionary at someone else, but:

Originally posted by Oxford English Dictionary
                    Unique
                    adjective
                    being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else:
                    the situation was unique in British politics
                    original and unique designs
                    (unique to) belonging or connected to (one particular person, place, or thing):
                    a style of architecture that is unique to Portugal
                    particularly remarkable, special, or unusual:
                    a unique opportunity to see the spectacular Bolshoi Ballet
                    The pertinent definition is the first one.
                    Bioshock in the air hasn't been done before - therefore the game 'Bioshock in the air' is unique.
                    Last edited by westyfield; 08-13-2010, 02:11 PM. Reason: neatened quotation
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post

Congratulations, Mr. Negative. You win the "who caresies" award today.
                      First off, why do you feel the need to come in and troll the thread?
                      "troll"... really? I cant speak my mind without it being called trolling. awesome.

Let me ask you honestly, do you own MW2 or BC2? Cause thats got more of an impact on ruining the gaming industry by supporting "clone" titles through product purchase than anyone who registers a comment based on a trailer for a game two years out.
                      yeah, but buying bioshock 3 doesnt support clone titles?

Second, have you played the first two Bioshock games? They were beyond spectacular. The graphics were amazing. They both had coherent and comprehensive storylines. The gameplay was eerie, dark and had the ability to give you a scare even if you had been playing the game for several hours already. So whats to make anyone believe that the third will be any less exciting?
                      I played the demo of the first BS (and yes, I am judging the game based on the demo.. thats what demos are for.) the environment was great, I'll give it that. But the game play was straight whack. Shock. Shoot. Heal. *enemies spawning behind*. shock. shoot. heal. Dark and eerie? yeah I didnt get that at all. It may have had a good story, IDK. I found the deom to be very mundane. Yawn inspiring.

Third, as far as games with trailers that were released 2 years before the game, the last that I can really remember that had any kind of major reaction on my part was Halo 2, and that too was an excellent game. So much so that it was the highest selling game of all time, whose record was only beaten by Halo 3! Oh, and since the fourth Halo game comes out in a month, I'm guessing that our continued "gullibility" didnt ruin the gaming industry in that aspect.
                      dude, youre defending bioshock with halo? Seriously? Halo is garbage. you sir have no taste. I find you own words self incriminating.

Lastly, if you're getting sick of people hyping up games based on their promo content, please bear in mind that you're posting in a GAMING COMMUNITY. Thats what we do.
                      I try not to cum in my pants.

People are going to post about games; new, old and current. Certainly you're not going to agree with some of the views on them. If you happen not to like them, theres not necessarily any need to come in and bash the people who do.
                      but you'll bash people that play mw2 and bc2? perhaps if people on reputable gaming sites werent spooging themselves over cinematics mw2 and bc2 wouldnt have come out, or would have been different. Will you feel the same when MoH comes out, the masses flock, and BF3 is dumbed down for them? AND! this is a gaming site..people are going to post about games; new, old and current. Certainly you're not going to agree with some of the views on them.

a technical pwning by Westy. the best kind of pwning. I just modded a pink rocket launcher into MW2, now MW2 is unique... technically.

ok, done editing.. still typing errors Im sure.
                      Last edited by teratoma; 08-13-2010, 02:27 PM. Reason: cause I can. damnit!

Comment

a technical pwning by Westy. the best kind of pwning. I just modded a pink rocket launcher into MW2, now MW2 is unique... technically.
                        Until I mod Quake to have a pink rocket launcher as well. Oh wait.
                        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Irregular since 2007.

Comment

"troll"... really? I cant speak my mind without it being called trolling. awesome.
                          Your being called a troll cause your doing nothing but starting a fight, and not listening to other people comments. youve come on here and attacked people who said they liked the look of the trailer. furthermore your acting like a child, all I hear from your posts, is "I'm right so shut up"

Grow up a little, learn to accept that people have their own thought and views and get over yourself.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Westy, I almost said Quake. so close!

AA, the easy way out it to call someone immature.. let me guess, Im also a fat virgin that lives in my moms basement? Sometimes some people are wrong and others are right. HAlo/Bioshock are steps backward in gaming. Much like many feel BC2 and Mw2 are also steps backwards. sorry for the tolling.

you know, I got distracted responding to specifics, I want to talk more about cinematics and hype...

look at starcraft 2. its sold like 20million copies.. or 2 mil.. in a week. Most people that bought have never played the first one, and prolly never played an RTS. you know they saw that cine trailer and all the hype and just went out and bought. in a month or so the number of players is going to plummet when people realise "oh yeah.. RTS' arent for everyone.. another $50 down the drain.". but game companies will only look at the sales..

the companies hype up the games, make a slick cimematic and people dont do their home work, pre-order and play the game for like a month, then get bored. game companies love this.,. it means more sequels and more clones. Picture E3 with ONLY real time rendered in game footage. How does that E3 compare to what we see every year. what we just saw. toatlly different. Microsoft while hyping the new Halo put out the numbers that the 3 Halo games so far had about 34 mil units sold, with about 2bil hours of game play... we do the math and ... 59 hours of game play for an online muiltiplayer game.. outstanding. then Nintendo said the word "Zelda" and people lost their shi....ps, their ships... Even with the laughable demo they put on people still were going ape over it. Why? ..just responding to buzz words and advertising campaigns.

I simply dont understand the mindset of seeing one of these cinematic trailers and relating it to the actual game. I guess I got burned one too many times by NES games with slick ads in nintendo power, only to see that the game looked nothing like the shots shown.

Comment

4chan.org user since launch in 04.

Troll is detected, and reported. It's really sad that we are all stupid, careless, uninformed masses that are ruining the gaming industry.

I'm glad the angry guy came into this thread to instruct us on how we all suck, especially Ferris. How dare you like Halo. You have no taste.

P.S. I like Halo games, too.

On topic...

I was kinda... shocked, when I saw this trailer. I really didn't think they would have such a new and cool idea. The world fair? Awesome. Steampunk? Even better.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X