Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this site look "3D" to anybody else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this site look "3D" to anybody else?

http://www.philsteele.com/

I am pretty sure it is the very red and blue text on black background that is doing it. And it is most evident to me when I zoom in. But to me it has that 3d effect. The blue is behind everything, the red is in front of everything and the white pictures are somewhere in between.

A guy I know edits code on a black screen with red text for strings and blue for code and green for comments using that fixsys font. Just looking at it for any length of time makes me seasick. And I never got seasick while in the Navy.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Does this site look "3D" to anybody else?

I don't know about 3D, I just think it's plain ugly Gringo.
    The colors almost hurt your eyes !

|

Comment

Yes, it is very ugly!
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I don't see it myself but I can surmise why it would.

Makes me wonder if you have a slight degree of colorblindness in one or both of your eyes, sort of causing a "natural" stereoscopic effect in certain color configurations. My brother has a reduced sensitivity to blue in his vision (not a full colorblindness, he describes it as kind of like taking the saturation level of a "blue" picture in Adobe and dropping the value a few notches) and if a picture has colors set just right, it can mess with his perception of it.

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
          I don't know about 3D, I just think it's plain ugly Gringo.
          The colors almost hurt your eyes !
          ^^^^^ What he said.

Comment

There was, at a time in the past decade, a type of 3D vision used in some games called ChromaDepth, where they used polarized glasses and the colors red/blue to add depth/layering to things like HUDs, etc. I had it on Nihilist (sexy game btw, and how could you hate a game with Sugar Ray and PWEI for a sound track?)

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
            <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
            DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Re: Does this site look &quot;3D&quot; to anybody else?

Doesn't look 3d to me but it sure has an awful colour scheme.
              2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
              BC2: |TG| Wesb2
              BF3: Wesb23

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse