No announcement yet.

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

Saw this movie 2 weeks ago, I was very hesitant at first mostly due to the original trailer I saw, and how hollywood recently has run out of ideas (True Grit is getting a remake, and there are even talks about a butch cassidy and the sundance kid remake in the works - face palm).

Now for those who haven't seen Wall Street, it really is a classic unto itself, if you want to know what the 80's were like within the NYSE with all the hype and glamour and ostentatious attitudes etc as well as the downward spiral, Wall Street is the movie to see (also note Boiler Room, IMHO it contains the best movie soundtrack and pays Homage to Wall Street in its own way).

I viewed this movie from an Apolitical viewpoint.

I was quite impressed, the movie is good, not amazing, not horrible, not over the top, but just plain good.

Shia Le Bouf proved himself to be able to broaden his range as an actor.

Michael Douglas, well Michael Douglas is Michael Douglas, he is a great actor, and he was good in this movie, straightforward and he played Gekko the way he should have been played. (Jewel of the Nile is one of my fav flicks)

Josh Brolin was the highlight of the movie, he played a great sneaky d-bag, kind of like the 21st Century version of Gordon Gekko.

Frank Langella can do no wrong in my eyes and it was nice to see him on the big screen again.

I recommend it, everything is mentioned from the Internet Bubble, to the housing markets, to the fall of Bear Stearns and Lehmen brothers even Long Term Capital gets a mentioned - I kind of chuckled when they were mentioned mostly due to one of my fathers friends who was one of the unnamed partners and to this day I still don't know how he was able to not have his name in the papers.

Anyways, its worth watching, the interesting thing which I saw and from my short lived Commercial Real Estate career in NYC is that Midtown has turned into the new Wall Street of sorts, hedge funds, larger trading space you name it. Now the NYSE is still downtown and Wall Street is Wall Street, but it was interesting to see Oliver Stone pay attention to how the markets and the office space markets have also switched and expanded.

*Note, there are some cameos, and how Gekko ended up in jail is fully explained.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

I'm gonna watch it as soon as possible. The 1987 Wall Street is one of my favorite movies. I actually watched it 2 nights ago again. I also loved Boiler Room (the scene where they are in house quoting Gekko is great).

Not going to lie, I am somewhat skeptical of the movie because I have yet to find a film with Shia Labeof that I really liked.

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
        Not going to lie, I am somewhat skeptical of the movie because I have yet to find a film with Shia Labeof that I really liked.
        I think Disturbia was one of his best films.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed