Monitors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors?

Hi all, This is my First post on your Forum, So go easy with me :)

I am Getting into CS-S in a big way and am slowly getting myself a Decent system together.

I am looking at Monitors at the Moment and have decided to go the CRT route. i have also decided i want a 19".

So i have done lots of reading up and have come across three monitors that look good and are localy Available to buy.

Ilyama 454 Pro

LG 915FT

NEC 930SB

I am looking for some feed back realy of people that have used these monitors and maybe pointing in the right genral direction?

I have been put off the Nec a bit by a guy who's a long time Cs player, he says i'm better off with a Monitor that has dual VGA inputs. Is he correct in what he's saying?

Cheers.

Chris

Re: Monitors?

I've not tried any of those, but I've been happy with my Samsung SyncMaster 900NFs (both of them).
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Do you use the Std VGA lead? Or does it have Twin Vga Imputs?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMann
        I've not tried any of those, but I've been happy with my Samsung SyncMaster 900NFs (both of them).
        I got a Samsung a while back and it was absolutely gorgeous. .20 dot pitch! I loved it until it stopped working... I plan on getting another one with my RMA refund $$$, though.

Dual VGA inputs? I don't even know what that is, exactly. If it's what it sounds like it is, I don't see the point, unless it's like 1/3 of a KVM switch...

Comment

So if money was no object (staying with CRT's) Which Monitor would you be looking at? or would you choice not change?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyRx
            So if money was no object (staying with CRT's) Which Monitor would you be looking at? or would you choice not change?

Chris
            http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116217
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by dual inputs, but I have 15-pin D-Sub and coax component inputs (I used the D-Sub).

Comment

i got the good value LG ImageQuest Q995 for less than 150GBP. For a 19" it's still quite small for a CRT too.

Comment

sorry i'm getting confused with the diffrent Inputs, So its VGA or 15-pin D-Sub on CRT's and VGA or DVI on LCD's?

Does it make a big diffrence using 15-pin D-Sub leads?

I went into my local Computer shop today to see what they recomended for my requirements, they recomended the Iiyama 454 Pro. I did a bit of reading up andf there .24 and got a good review.

I am looking into the Samsung though before i comit.

Chris

Comment

I use the Dell Ultra Sharp 17" Flat Panel. Ive never had a problem with it, and its over a year old. With DVI;VGA;4-Port USB Hub its a pretty good moniter, id recommend it over anything listed up there^.
                    Oyee

Comment

CRTs typically use the common 15-pin D-Sub VGA connector.

LCDs often include both a DVI and a D-Sub connector. DVI is preferable because it is a digital signal, but many video cards do not support it (newer ones tend to, though).

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
                        I use the Dell Ultra Sharp 17" Flat Panel. Ive never had a problem with it, and its over a year old. With DVI;VGA;4-Port USB Hub its a pretty good moniter, id recommend it over anything listed up there^.
                        Yeah, but that's LCD, which offers crappy image quality per dollar... If you have room for a CRT and weight isn't an issue, a CRT is going to be the best bang for your buck.

Cheapest 21" monitors at NewEgg.com:
                        21" LCD .27 dot pitch $660: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824001133

21" CRT .25 dot pitch $349: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824133117

Almost twice the price for a worse picture! No, unless you MUST save weight or space, CRTs are the way to go for gaming!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

LCDs have a worse picture? Time to dig your way out from under that rock. The 4 guys in my apartment have a combined total of 6 LCDs. Our 4 CRTs are collecting dust in the basement. Rumours that CRTs have better image quality are greatly exaggerated. Better colors, crisper pixels, and a constant picture are all things LCDs boast over CRTs. The early LCD problems, like ghosting, are a thing of the past, a myth kept around by people who can't afford an LCD.

The price is hefty, but unless you've seen half-life 2 on a 23" widescreen LCD, with each crisp pixel and color present and accounted for, you haven't seen anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                            LCDs have a worse picture?
                            Read what I wrote. For the dollar, yes, LCDs have a worse picture. I'm sure there is a .20 dot pitch LCD out there somewhere, but it's going to be several times the cost of my Samsung CRT...

Unless you need the space on your desk, or weight of the monitor is a consideration (lots of LAN parties?), it's a simple decision. Whatever your budget is, you'll get a better picture spending that money on a CRT than you will spending it on a LCD.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X