Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 6800 series.....3D

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Home.aspx
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: the 6800 series.....3D

No thanks. 3D in games is just a stupid gimmick like in the movies. Of course the fact it doesn't work for me also has something to do with my hatred of the 3D movement.
    Last edited by Spyder228; 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Interesting. I'm waiting to see how AMDs 3D works. I don't think the 6800 will be powerful enough to run high res 3d but we'll see. My 8800gts 512 has that problem now. Also I'm not sure if AMD will need specific monitors for there cards. "ViewSonic launches 3D monitor for AMD graphics cards" http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/10/...raphics-cards/

I am almost completely 3D ready. I already have an Nvidia 3D monitor/3Dvision and I'm buying a 3D plasma next month. I bought a Bluray reader for my computer and now I just need a GPU with a HDMI 1.4.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by troublesome4u View Post
        Interesting. I'm waiting to see how AMDs 3D works. I don't think the 6800 will be powerful enough to run high res 3d but we'll see. My 8800gts 512 has that problem now. Also I'm not sure if AMD will need specific monitors for there cards. "ViewSonic launches 3D monitor for AMD graphics cards" http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/10/...raphics-cards/

I am almost completely 3D ready. I already have an Nvidia 3D monitor/3Dvision and I'm buying a 3D plasma next month. I bought a Bluray reader for my computer and now I just need a GPU with a HDMI 1.4.
        Out of curiosity, which 3D monitor did you go with exactly? I read a review talking about how 3D monitors are great even for non-3D stuff because they have a 120hz refresh rate.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
          Out of curiosity, which 3D monitor did you go with exactly? I read a review talking about how 3D monitors are great even for non-3D stuff because they have a 120hz refresh rate.
          You're paying out of the ass for those 3D monitors. A typical 120 Hz monitor would cost you a fraction of what a 120 Hz 3D monitor would cost you.

I have the same mindset as Spyder right now. 3D (as in the attempt at a 3D environment that gives off simulated depth perception as a human would experience in real life) shouldn't be experienced on a 2D display (you need all that extra gear). I'd rather wait until we have a 3D display or projection before plopping money down for a 3D device.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Exactly. I don't want something to appear to be 3D, I want it to actually have 3 dimensions.

Anyone else have problems with polarized lenses? They just do not work for me. Even my body rejects this pitiful 1950's tech!

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I have the Samsung 2233rz. 120hz refresh rate is nice especially in older games where I could get those types of FPS. I don't remember what I payed but I don't think it was that expensive. I got my monitor for GAMING. I would of spent $500 at least on a nice IPS monitor if I cared about 100% color accuracy for surfing and gaming. Also I could just hook the computer up to the TV.

Glasses free 3D is like 5 years away or more I'd say from the research I've done. I know Toshiba has those little 3D screens that would be good for a PSP but the viewing angles are supposed to be atrocious.

All TV's will have the ability to play 3d soon. Whether you want to watch 3d or 2d is up to the user. All high end TV's now are 3d ready. So if you want a new TV like I do you have to get one that can do 3d. The high end tv's will have the nicest 2d picture available but also have 3d if you want to use it.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

That's the thing. Manufacturers at the behest of marketing people are forcing 3D-2D display onto the consumer market when most people don't care nor want it. It's still a very niche market and those who participate in it are those geeks amongst us with the disposable income to plop down on (and not worry about needing that cash later on).

These displays will still be a far cry from holoimagers (yes, the sci-fi display projections and holodecks, and all of that). Not only would one get the depth perception without gear, but also achieve a level of interactivity with the contents that you can't get now (or only exists in one's imagination).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

My brother's Geforce2 had 3D. I will not subscribe to this money grab.

Comment

you do realize that there are 3d enabled laptops that are out...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X