X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Slate sticker-free case solution

I thought this was amusing:

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/10/22/hp-sl...kers-syndrome/

On the other hand, at least they are going somewhat in the right direction. Companies are finally beginning to realize that you can't just throw the same ****ty case designs out there anymore and expect people to love it.

While this particular solution to the design problem of how to keep the case clean would not have been my first choice, companies like HP don't have a Steve Jobs at the helm to go and kick all the other vendor's asses until they relent on the requirement of printing this information on every device. So, yeah, it's a awkward solution, but better than the status quo.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: HP Slate sticker-free case solution

There is a plus to that. Over time, the important serial numbers don't get rubbed/scratched out into oblivion due to use.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

it should have:

1) a removable battery
      2) all those stupid stickers under the battery... that's the first thing I do with my windows sticker on a laptop.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
        it should have:

1) a removable battery
        2) all those stupid stickers under the battery... that's the first thing I do with my windows sticker on a laptop.
        I think they should also offer us a option whereby we pay $5 or some other small amount for a Slate without the various stickers instead of cramming them under the battery. I think that slide out tab's the only good place so far to put those serials where they'd be protected but out of the way so we can enjoy the asthestics of the tablet.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X