MOBO thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOBO thoughts

Looking to upgarde my mobo for my am3 cpu to this board, does anyone know how this brand stacks up? I have only used gigabyte or asus boards so I need some thoughts

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157198
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: MOBO thoughts

ASrock used to be Asus OEM line, not sure if they still are. If so you should be ok.
    Looks like the reviews on Newegg are pretty good. Have you seen any independent reviews on this mobo ?

|

Comment

a few, and they are all singing praises at all the features compared to price
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

you're upgrading the motherboard but nothing else? What happened to your old motherboard?
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

old mobo is am2,am2+,am3. my cpu is am3 so with the current board I have I am limited to a max memory of ddr2 pc 6400. It's a great board and is even tri SLI, but alas I have changed my thinking and now have an ati card. So in upgrading boards I open up the crossfire option as well as using ddr3 which is what my cpu is rated for.

Comment

Just be certain it uses the same memory as what you have now. Since it's dual channel, that's more likely than not but still worth mentioning since it's a potential $100 you didn't need to spend.

Comment

oh I know it won't use the same memory, I will buy ddr3 for the new board. More than likely I will sell my old MOBO and memory together here is what I have right now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-383-_-Product

and I have 4 gigs of this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231098

anyone interested?

Comment

I don't think the new am3 socket and ddr3 will make much difference for real world performance. Plus you'd have to reinstall your operating system and all your games/software, seems like a lot of hassle and money for not that much benefit.

But as far as your original post goes, I've never bought an Asrock board before, but I have a lot of faith in a product on newegg when it has a lot of positive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                  I don't think the new am3 socket and ddr3 will make much difference for real world performance. Plus you'd have to reinstall your operating system and all your games/software, seems like a lot of hassle and money for not that much benefit.

But as far as your original post goes, I've never bought an Asrock board before, but I have a lot of faith in a product on newegg when it has a lot of positive feedback.

but most importantly I gain crossfire....

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                    but most importantly I gain crossfire....
                    haha nice! which card are you going to be doubling?

Comment

I have the same faith in ASRock as I do in ASUS since ASRock used to be ASUS's budget/experimental features platform. I believe ASUS plants still produce the boards (or at least most of the components) even though ASRock is now a separate company from ASUS.

I also have a H55 ASRock board in my brother's i7 rig. Going strong on 3 months and given it's a budget chipset and board it still offers some very nice OC adjustments and features I'm jealous of (even though I'm on a older P45 ASUS P5Q).
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                        haha nice! which card are you going to be doubling?
                        probably buy another 4890....the things a beast by itself....can't wait to see what 2 will do!....*shudders*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X