Monitor/HDTV recomendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor/HDTV recomendations

I am currently looking for a new monitor, I do like the new Samsung monitors as they have PIP so you canWatch TV while you are woking. The Tuner is not the biggest concern as the down the pipe unencryped digital cable stations are few in my region. I live in a small apartment and will basicly be running the Composite Video from my Cable box through the wall to the Monitor/Tv in the bedroom. I will be effectively watching the same channel in both rooms at the same time. I am also willing to consider a 32ish inch HDTV, hopefully with the abillity to have the composite video input displayed PIP while using the TV as a monitor.. Whatever it is it MUST be 1080i.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Monitor/HDTV recomendations

Even my Vizio has PIP where you can watch tv while doing stuff on your PC. I have a Vizio XVT 32", which I'm pretty happy with. It was one of the better 1080ps that fit my lowish budget range. You should first decide your budget first.

Comment

It looks fine enough. I have some experience with LCD monitors with built-in HDTV/TV tuners (had a Samsung and a Zenith once...). The one thing you have to do is keep that antennae at least 3 feet away from the monitor itself (so the EM interference doesn't kill reception). Also make sure you're using shielded cables to the antennae. It does wonders if you have a monitor, speakers, and several other strong wireless devices on your tabletop.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

(Forget 1080i and go for 1080p ;))
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vouk View Post
          (Forget 1080i and go for 1080p ;))
          my bad typo

Comment