Lost space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost space

So, this situation is hard to explain and makes me feel rather stupid. Picked up Sacred from Target on clearance and tried to install it. The autorun doesn't really seem to like Vista, as when I pop it into my drive it just revs up and my computer only acknowledges the disks but doesn't start the autorun.

I was able to explore the disk and right-clicked the installer and did "Run as Administrator". The warning never flashed up so I left it in to see if it just needed time. I kind of forgot about it for an hour and when I came back a windows pop-up quote box said that I was low on disk space. Lo and behold I had ~60 kB. Last I checked before this debacle, I had almost 2 GB's spare.

The thing is the installer never popped up with a window. Also, I can't find where it would've been installed to. I've run both Disk Cleanup and Disk Defrag. Cleanup gave me about 200 MB and defrag didn't do a thing. Anybody got a suggestion on how to go about and reclaiming the 2 GB of free space I had left?
    BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
    CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Re: Lost space

If it installed properly, you should be able to see it listed in Programs and Features under the Control Panel. From there you can uninstall the game.

Usually, you'll find it under Program Files (or Program Files (x86) if you have a 64-bit Vista). It'll be installed in a folder with the publisher's name. Look for the following names: Encore, Koch Media, Red Ant Enterprises, and Ascaron.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, did search all around and couldn't find it in Program Files. But when I ran CCleaner it found about 3.5 GB's of temp files called "Sac###". So, I'm guessing it didn't install properly. And I'm rather clueless as to why it'd be dumping several gigs of temp files onto my computer. I've tried the installer once more, coping it directly to my computer and then running it, but the same thing happened again.

Oh well, I guess if a game is compatible with "Windows Vistas", it ain't necessarily compatible with Vista...
      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman1011395 View Post
        Well, did search all around and couldn't find it in Program Files. But when I ran CCleaner it found about 3.5 GB's of temp files called "Sac###". So, I'm guessing it didn't install properly. And I'm rather clueless as to why it'd be dumping several gigs of temp files onto my computer. I've tried the installer once more, coping it directly to my computer and then running it, but the same thing happened again.

Oh well, I guess if a game is compatible with "Windows Vistas", it ain't necessarily compatible with Vista...
        The bigger issue is your HD space, once you get beyond 25% free space they seem to wear out fairly fast, You may want to add another drive in your rig to dump games onto
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X