Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional-grade Lightworks Open Source video editor to be released November 29th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional-grade Lightworks Open Source video editor to be released November 29th

This has my interest way up!

Professional-grade Lightworks Open Source video editor to be released November 29th

Looks like a great video editor with a ton more options than Windows Movie Maker and still free.

Lightworks is truly professional-grade stuff, with features like real-time audio and video effects, multi-track audio and voiceover tools, support for 3D projects, native 2K resolution support, and project sharing for multiple editors. The app has handled editing duties for a laundry list of big-time productions, which you can peruse over at the official site.

Initially, Lightworks will run on Windows XP or newer (both 32 and 64-bit versions).
    Wait till you see the list of movies it has been used on.

Can't wait to try it out.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Professional-grade Lightworks Open Source video editor to be released November 29

Ooooh, from the looks of the interface, it's already a lot better than most of the paid programs I've seen or used. Gonna give this a spin. If it turns out to be great, then I can finally make something better than plain jane burns out of my home videos.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Professional-grade Lightworks Open Source video editor to be released November 29

whaaaaaa?!?!?! awesome.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Cannot wait. I love using Final Cut Pro but haven't found a good program comparable on the PC side. Free just takes the cake!

Comment

Does anyone actually know how to use this thing? I just downloaded it and was planning on making some videos of my recent trip to the dunes but I can't figure it out. Any good tutorials on the web?
          sigpic

Comment

There's a user guide on their site. I haven't had a chance to fool around with it. If needed I could possibly make a tutorial.

Comment

I really just want to do basic stuff (splicing together photos and video, maybe some music here and there, maybe some transitions if they don't look too funky) without it looking like a glorified Power Point presentation like my Windows Movie Maker projects. It looks like a cool piecew\ of software but it may be too advanced for my skillset.
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X