Good Gaming headphones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Gaming headphones?

Well I did a search and most of what I have found about headphones are older post. I am looking to purchase some new gaming head phones with mic. What are you guys using? I really prefer it to be someone that has used something else so they have something to compare it to. I am willing to spend up to around $100 range. They don't have to be that expensive but I am willing to go over that a little if the quality is there. So what cha got for me?

Re: Good Gaming headphones?

I use sennheiser usb headphones and they work great from what I can tell. Never had anyone say my microphone stinks. I believe they were around $80 or so.

Comment

oh the one thing they do have to be is over ear headphones..

Comment

As in the cup that completely covers the ears, Dr. Beat and I both use the Sennheiser PC 350's they have beautiful sound, a sturdy design, decent mic. They use a jack, not a usb.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

It may seem like a general crap brand but the Logitech G35's work amazingly for me. The mic is crystal clear and the 7.1 surround sound sounds fantastic.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

+1 for the G35, although I got the wireless version (G930). Solid build, great sound quality. Works without a hitch.
            Do or do not, there is no try....
            -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Sennheiser PC350, can't speak highly enough. Fantastic sound, great Mic, excellent build quality, supremely comfortable. Make sure you go for the 350 not the newer 360 or whatever its called. Read some very disappointing reviews in those.

Comment

My suggestion: Plantronics GameCom 367.

Uses regular analog jacks and comes in at around $20. Not the sturdiest of headsets, but a great budget pair with above average SQ, a fold-down/fold-up extendedable boom mic, and is large enough to cup around my big ears. Very soft velour-ish padding and doesn't push my glasses into my skull like other headsets.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                  As in the cup that completely covers the ears, Dr. Beat and I both use the Sennheiser PC 350's they have beautiful sound, a sturdy design, decent mic. They use a jack, not a usb.
                  I have Sennheiser PC350 headphones as well and I couldn't be more pleased with them. Keep an eye on Amazon and various computer shopping haunts (especially NewEgg with its special November Friday sales this month) for deals on them. I got mine from Sennheiser's page on Amazon for $100 and free 2-day shipping due to some special they had at the time.

Originally posted by SledgeHammer View Post
                  oh the one thing they do have to be is over ear headphones..
                  The term you want to use when searching for reviews and what-have-you is "circumaural". That term specifically denotes "over the ear" and is what the headphones generally are classified under. The reason it's important is that "over the ear" can sometimes also refer to "supra-aural" which are basically headphones that have over-sized, flat ear pads that sit on the outside of your ears rather than surrounding them. They're less comfy, more noisy to those around you, and don't stop any outside noise.

::

If I can suggest anything, go to an Ultimate Electronics, Fry's Electronics, Audioking (if they even still exist), or Best Buy and see if they have models you can try on to find your comfiest fit. While I think the PC350s are extremely comfortable, you might not (although my ears are not small, so that should speak well for them).

Comment

+1 for Sennheiser PC350. Like others have said, they sit around your ear rather than on top of them making them very comfortable to wear for prolonged sessions. Sound quality is really good relative to other gaming, non-audiophile headsets. Feels sturdy and well made. Mic is good.
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                      Sennheiser PC350, can't speak highly enough. Fantastic sound, great Mic, excellent build quality, supremely comfortable. Make sure you go for the 350 not the newer 360 or whatever its called. Read some very disappointing reviews in those.
                      Just curious, what are the bad things you've heard about the 360s?

I had the Senn 151's, but a RL friend needed headphones/headset, so as a favor I just gave em my 151s and got the Senn PC 360 for myself. So far, I love it, and have no issues with it... more comfortable and better sound.

The only thing is that you're not going to get the 350/360s for under $100, unless you're patient like Flarfignuggen says. Another thing to consider is if you have a sound card or not. From what I understand, if you have a sound card, getting a USB headset would be pointless since you'd want to connect your headset through 3.5mm jacks anyway.

Comment

Thanks guys! The G35s will be here tomorrow. I don't have a sound card outside the onboard so USB works for me. I will let you know how I like them.

Comment

Brokeback I went from Sennheiser 151 to the 350's and was pleased.

I hope I have quoted the correct headphones, are the 360's the very latest Sennheisers? If they are the same ones, PCFormat(UK) gave them a pretty harsh review, but then again they are a serious magazine and pretty stringent. Basically they said they would stick with the 350 citing better sound and comfort, claiming the 360 headband was tight. However if they are working for you I am pleased, perhaps the reviewer had a damn big head lol. Reviews are just opinions and I have subsequently seen good ones for the 360's. Either way you can't go wrong with Sennheiser, proper quality gear.

Comment

Originally posted by SledgeHammer View Post
                            Thanks guys! The G35s will be here tomorrow. I don't have a sound card outside the onboard so USB works for me. I will let you know how I like them.
                            I hope you like it! Like the Sennheiser it rests around your ear with extremely comfortable padding. The mic is extremely durable and clear (bonus points for my audio presentations in french AP) and the audio sounds like your own personal choir of angels playing into your ear, until the CG hits you in the face (which you will hear just as clearly). I personally only have my asus laptop's built in audio card but it still works fine for me, and the usb really helps to make it portable.

My only complaint about it applies to all headphones as I have a lot of hair, so I can develop quite the headphone-hair look after long periods of using them; although I could fix this by replacing the top pad with one of the other different sized pads which conveniently come with the G35's, but I am too lazy to switch them out.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                              I have the Sennheiser PC360's and LOVE them. I have a long history with headsets:

Medusa's
                              Creative Fatalities
                              Razer Barracudas
                              Sharkoon 5.1's (most expensive and lasted barely a year)

They all usually break down, however the build quality is amazing on the 360's.

Here is a review:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...roduction.html

The gaming sound is amazing and now realise that "Gaming headsets with 5.1" are a bit of a gimmick, good stereo is FAR superior. But you will be wanting a decent sound card of course. And the music..............I have never heard AC/DC sound so damn good. If they are in your price bracket get them. The difference with these versus the 350 that Wicks has is these are "open cup" meaning people in the room will hear the sound a little too, until the 350 "closed cup" design which seals them off. You might still hear the outside world, but they should not hear the game. However, this results in a smaller sound stage, meaning things sound slightly less natural. The 360's are my first open cup headset, and it took maybe an hour of listening to properly "get" the sound, particularly when stalking people through a forest in PR. But once you get it I prefer it, however, neither gives an advantage over the other, its personal preference.

Either set of Sennheiser's are amazing, and I am very impressed. Never again will I go for the gaming headset type of deal, with tiny 7.1 crap speakers. I am tempted in the future to go for the Sennheiser Wireless range which are apparantly amazing for gaming...............:D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X