Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts why I'm not running COD- BO good at all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts why I'm not running COD- BO good at all?

Hi.

I just did some minor upgrades in order to meet all the system requirements for Black Ops. And I'm still getting very choppy gameplay. Does my hardware, though a little dated but still functional, look okay?

my system:
    Motherboard- Gigabyte P35-DS3L
    CPU- Intel Q8300 Core2 Quad 2.5ghz stock speed(could overclock to 3 but don't know how) stock fan too
    GPU- EVGA GeForce 9600GT Superclocked edition
    4 gigs of DDR2
    PSU- Antec 500w
    Still running windows XP 32bit

minimum for game:

CPU- e6600 which is 2.4 ghz duocore, less than what I have
    GPU- 8600gt which is less than what I have
    2 gigs ram which is less as well

I hear people talking about how some systems are bottlenecking (which I don't know what that is). Shouldn't this be good enough, even if on lower settings. I turn everything to low and/or off and I'm still dropping to 3 or 4 fps during gameplay. I can stay around 30fps if I stay away from any action.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Any thoughts why I'm not running COD- BO good at all?

Maybe being on 32bit XP is bottlenecking your CPU, being able to just use one core maybe?

Comment

Thanks UnDead. I just researched that and xp home supports only one processor but also supports multi core processors. Maybe going to windows7 might not be a bad idea though. I'm thinking about formatting my whole system and starting over again. Erase all the garbage that has accumulated over the years. It's just sooo time consuming.

Comment

Your video card should be able to play the game at medium settings with a 21st century OS. XP is likely the culprit.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing Buckets. I've prolonged the inevitable for too long now. I gotta get with the times...lol. Thx.

Comment

Windows 7 64bit man, it's awesome, and you won't miss XP.

Comment

I've never done an upgrade. I've built 3 systems from scratch and yet to do an OS upgrade on any of them. Will I need to reinstall all my programs. And does getting a 64 bit system have any issues with my current hardware? CPU for one thing.

THanks!

Comment

I don't think his OS (WinXP) is the culprit here. The 9600GT SC isn't that great of a card. If you're running 720p and greater resolutions and high settings, your framerates are going to drop during those scenes/areas where there is a lot going on (both effects and models - foliage, houses, player models, etc).

Besides, it's a 32-bit game and from what I've seen the game eat in terms of RAM comes out to less than 2 GBs.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just installed windows7. Seems to run like a champ so far. Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X