Boxee Media Center UI: Get it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxee Media Center UI: Get it!

Just test drove the Boxee media center interface. It is superb. Far and away the best out of the various clients available such as XBMC, Plex, etc., I've tried. I haven't been this excited about a media center UI since TiVO came out. I can't spew enough good things about it. Beautiful UI, buttery smooth playback, easily configurable for local and internet media, and some really cool social networking features. It's a free download, check it out.

related thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ia-center.html
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Boxee Media Center UI: Get it!

Don't forget this thread as well:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...ming-soon.html

There is also rumor that they are going to sell the boxee box remote separately.
    Be sure to check out their blog:
    http://blog.boxee.tv/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Forget the UI, get the standalone set-top box! Just got my Boxee Box yesterday! HOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP! Go buy this thing now!!! I just replaced my WDTV HD. The boxee took just a few minutes to set up, the colors seem more vivid, upscales beautifully, plays tons of your favorite shows free and easy, tons of free movies available for streaming, plays EVERYTHING you can throw at it from your harddrives, and yes, you can play hulu from it's browser. I was shocked how it just went to town on my hard drive, automatically pulling movie data (posters/dvd covers, info, etc.), which was nice, because I thought I was going to have to manually do that.

The remote DOES come with it. It's awesome. Has a full qwerty keyboard on the backside with nice rubber keys.

This thing has met and exceeded my expectations. I'm still just shocked how much free online content they offer right out of the box! Best purchase this year by far!!!
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Dude, I want to buy big TV for this thing now. Sounds awesome! Forget sending large amounts to Cox every month!
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

In my case, I already had a Mac Mini to use as my media center. If I didn't, howeve,r I'd definitely buy the boxee.

It should be noted that it will not work with Hulu (free), only Hulu Plus (paid).
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
            It should be noted that it will not work with Hulu (free), only Hulu Plus (paid).
            Ummm. WRONG! I've been enjoying Hulu on my Boxee, and it plays beautifully! I don't know why people around the interwebs keep saying this!

EDIT: This afternoon, after watching one show and going to the next, I got a pop up from Hulu saying I was watching on the Boxee Box and that I couldn't do that, and it stopped letting me watch it on there. What the heck? I don't know why they're punking boxee users like that, when I was forced to watch commericals just the same. I bet it has something to do with the stupid networks.
            Last edited by War.mongeR1; 11-19-2010, 07:32 PM.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Hulu has a history of blocking anyone from watching their content except using their website or for Plus subscribers. They did the same thing to XBMC and Plex. I wish Netflix would just buy them out already.
              Twisted Firestarter
              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse