defragging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defragging

ive heard that defragmenting ur computing after installing a new game helps performance(RAM?). does anyone recommend that i do it?

Re: defraging

I usually do mine once a week. A little overkill but I would recomend it if it has been awhile since your last defrag.

Comment

Originally posted by adam12345678
      ive heard that defragmenting ur computing after installing a new game helps performance(RAM?). does anyone recommend that i do it?
      I recommend that you do it regularly. Weekly seems like a reasonable schedule, but it depends on how much you change the data on your HDD.

Installing, uninstalling, downloading and deleting files will all cause minor performance hits that can be fixed with a defrag.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, I know that it can help a lot. My comp was running and loading much slower than it had been, so I decided to defrag to see if that was the problem. It turns out that I hadn't defraged for several months! Needless to say, My computer was better off afterwards.

Comment

Re: defragging

You should defreag after installing or uninstalling a game or program.

I defrag pretty often. The main thing I notice is that if you do it often it takes very little time.
          Someone was saying recently that it takes soooo long to do that he just doesn't bother... bad move bro. Just do it. If it's going to take a while then let it run overnight or while you're gone for the day. Then do it again and it'll take about 20 seconds because it doesn't need it.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

WHen you run the analysis if you aren't more than 5% fragmented then I wouldn't bother. But above 5% and you could see a difference in performance.
            Telorn

Comment

You could also try this defragging method.....

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showpost.php?p=257768

Please..... don't......

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...