Windows LongHorn Discussion!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows LongHorn Discussion!!!

so yea, i'm interested with this new "longhorn" program that's coming up..can anybody fill me in on this stuff?

so far what i know:
    1) built-in antivirus,firewall, and antispyware
    2) enhanced video card usage

i think that's all i can remeber. anybody else got better info about this?

Re: Windows LongHorn Discussion!!!

Longhorn isn't a program, it's an entire operating system, specifically the next version of Windows. Wikipedia has a pretty good article on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Longhorn. I'm really excited about all the eye candy that will be in Longhorn, as the OS is going to utilize the graphics card for producing visual effects. Translucent windows, rippling, all sorts of crazy crap that aren't really necessary and most certainly won't run on my computer is gonna be pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomstick
      I'm really excited about all the eye candy that will be in Longhorn, as the OS is going to utilize the graphics card for producing visual effects. Translucent windows, rippling, all sorts of crazy crap that aren't really necessary and most certainly won't run on my computer is gonna be pretty cool.
      You can try the beta of the UI that is going to be running on Longhorn here: Avalon
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        You can try the beta of the UI that is going to be running on Longhorn here: Avalon
        Ima have to try that out when my Comp gets back online. That looks cool.
        Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X