ATI crossfire question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI crossfire question

I have only SLI'd Nvidia cards....is it the same for crossfire? is there an sli bridge? will my new board come with it? Thanks in advance
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: ATI crossfire question

The bridge usually comes with the motherboard because of the positioning of the PCIe slots on the board. What model motherboard are you putting them in?

Comment

this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157198
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I don't see a Crossfire Connector listed on that motherboards spec list. Many GPU's come with the connector, so check the included accessories when choosing a card. Here is the Asrock 870's manual. See page 19 for Crossfire instructions.

Are you buying new GPU's or keeping your 4890?

:icon_frow
        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
        sigpic

Comment

you can also find flexible CFX connectors pretty easily and cheaply on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy-2-War View Post
            I don't see a Crossfire Connector listed on that motherboards spec list. Many GPU's come with the connector, so check the included accessories when choosing a card. Here is the Asrock 870's manual. See page 19 for Crossfire instructions.

Are you buying new GPU's or keeping your 4890?
            gonna stay with the 4890 and find a used on on ebay to crossfire, my current 4890 did not have a crossfire bridge

Comment

With some of the newer video drivers the "bridge' is no longer required. (Not sure about ATI)
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                With some of the newer video drivers the "bridge' is no longer required. (Not sure about ATI)
                With Nvidia it is not, however there is a minimal performance decrease. I am sure the decrease depends upon the bandwidth for both cards and if more is needed than the PCI-e slots provide.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X