R.A.T. 7 Mouse..Headed this way!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.A.T. 7 Mouse..Headed this way!

So I decided to use my newegg gift certificate and pay a little more and get a new mouse..my MS gamer mouse is just worn smooth out..and I been listening to Mediator and Wookie talk about these "RAT 7's" and such, so I did some investigating and man..they look cool..!

I cannot wait 2 months for a "9" to come out, as I have to have a wired mouse due to my KVM setup, so I got a "7" ordered this morning and it will be here by weeks end!

All you guys are doomed now..me and my R.A.T are gonna come and getchya!! hahahah

Do any of you guys have one of these? If so, what do you like/love/hate about them..?

I have a rocketfish game pad to use and a lot of room, so I am open to suggestions..

My Ms mouse is setup actually to use very little room on the mat..

I make very small movements to be honest, but I hear all these "twitchy kids" :) talking and it seems they have their mice set up VERY differently than what I do, and they do keep killing me WAYYY too much..so maybe it is time for a setup change for me?

Re: R.A.T. 7 Mouse..Headed this way!

Your too old to twitch! ;)

Seriously though, it looks a bit strange, but I hear good things. I like the red sniper button to drop the DPI. I have to flick mine (I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X8) so having a press/depress option could be cool! Let us know, I am sure there are a few people interested!

Comment

ARGH..!!! Too old..?!?!? hahahah Maybe your right my friend! hahahaha

I have one of the huge funky MS mouses..it is gigantic and it took a LONG time to get used to the thing as I have pretty tiny little girly hands, but it has served its purpose very well, and I am hoping that with all the adjustments on the R.A.T. mouse that I will get comfortable with it fairly quickly..now figuring out all the programming stuff..well, that will be, I am afraid, another story entirely! hahahah

Comment

Have you considered the Logitech G700? Or are you already completely sold on the RAT7?

(I've read a few reviews on the mice. Apparently, they're not all that comfy as they look "cool".)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I would love to go wireless, but my KVM does not work with it.. :( But that Logitec looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
            I would love to go wireless, but my KVM does not work with it.. :( But that Logitec looks awesome!
            Ah, KVM. That sucks. How about the Logitech Performance MX? It's a wireless mouse (2.4 GHz) and can be run wired with the included USB data/charging cable. Plus the Darkfield laser lets you use the mouse on clear glass. (I tested this with my friend's and with the Bestbuy display sample.)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Logitech G9X?

Comment

Razer Imperator... nuff said ;)
                sigpic

Comment

The R.A.T 7 made it just before lunch today..!

This thing is "crazy"..!!

I (at work) have fiddled around 2 hours but have it "set" I think to fit my hand! Talk abaout being able to "customize" a fit..THIS THING ROCKS..!!

Hopefully I will be smart enough to figure out all the dang buttons and stuff..and what is this "wheel" that goes sideways? SHEEESH..!!!! :) hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
                    The R.A.T 7 made it just before lunch today..!

This thing is "crazy"..!!

I (at work) have fiddled around 2 hours but have it "set" I think to fit my hand! Talk abaout being able to "customize" a fit..THIS THING ROCKS..!!

Hopefully I will be smart enough to figure out all the dang buttons and stuff..and what is this "wheel" that goes sideways? SHEEESH..!!!! :) hahahaha
                    tac nades,scroll weapons, regular nades, mic key and secondary weapon all controlled by buttons on my mouse....your gonna love it when you get used to it
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I'm relieved to hear that you like your R.A.T. I'm wanting the '9' myself, but definitely glad to hear positive reviews on their devices. :)

Comment

I have a Sidewinder X8, but something is starting to happen to it. Same thing as happened my previous mouse, a Razer - the left trigger is starting to give, and randomly click itself. I TK'd some poor git in PR the other night, and spent more time giving my position away that anything productive. So, none of my rodents seem to last more that 12 months or so.

So, I am POTENTIALLY in the market. Wireless is epic, I love the ability to be wired and wireless when I want. To that effect, I also love the X8 for its horizontal clicking scroll wheel. I have looked at the G700, seems cool. No LCD screen or lights to highlight what DPI I am at, but not a deal breaker. Some reviews have been harsh though, so feedback would be good from a TG'er.

The RAT looks interesting. I am looking at the RAT9, which is just a RAT7 with wireless. Now I realise it does not give me the wired ability at all, however it uses the same 2.4GHz tech that the X8 uses, and I have never ever noticed any lag. So, my only real question, is does it have a horizontal clicking scroll wheel. That little detail sounds so petty, but is a deal breaker for me. I use it for mumble comms and in ArmA in particular this button is crucial. Can anyone give me any insight, I can't get a definitive answer anywhere.

Comment

You're in luck, Jeepo. I just bought a G700 two days ago. I freakin LOVE it. I replaced my Logitech G5 with it, because my cat ate through the cable.
                          It has three LEDs on the side that light different colours to tell you different things...
                          I haven't read up on it yet, but I'm thnking it's red for one of the five sensitivity settings, green for battery level, yellow for... probably wireless polling rate? Also five levels, I think I read it ranges between like 333Hz and 1000Hz. I keep it on stock (lowest) and it's completely lag free.
                          The lights turn off after a couple of seconds, to conserve battery, but you can probably change that through the drivers (which I haven't yet installed).

I was skeptical of the wheel. The whole lock/free thing seemed like they were trying to do too much with it and the quality would suffer, but it's actually the best quality wheel I've used so far. Heavy and solid and precise. No more accidental scrolling or horizontal-clicking, like with my, when I intend to middle-click. Yeah, the freewheeling thing is a bit of a gimmick, I don't use it. But at least the mouse doesn't suffer in any way because of it.

And it's very comfortable. Definitely heavier than my G5 (with few weights in it), but not so much that it'll take anything to get used to.

The four thumb buttons, I'm still getting used to, though. I can't figure out which ones are the most comfortable for me to easily access (like what might be knife button, as opposed to a less-urgently-required comms button). I'm still working on it. None of them are difficult to use, It's just a bit overwhelming when I'm moving from my one-thumb-button G5 :)

I have the tiny usb dongle in the front of my desktop, at floor height, below a wooden desk, and don't have any issues. It came charged out of the box, and I haven't yet had to charge, though I haven't been spending that much time on my PC since I got it.

The three side index finger buttons are really comfy and easy to use. I'm thinking of installing the drivers, so I can access them in-game, instead of them being hardwired for sensitivity, etc.

All in all, I would strongly recommend it!

And to answer your questions about horizontal-clicking (you weirdo), the G700 has it, as would, I suspect, any mouse that's mid-range or higher.

As for the R.A.T. I think Birdie went back to his old mouse after trying it for a few days? Is that right, Bird?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

@ Balfa,

On your G700, are the sides the same rough textured plastic as on the G5/G500?

I ask because I'm looking to purchasing it to replace my MX1100 soon (LMB paint is chipping rubbing away and rubberized sides is frustratingly hard to clean). It also might break the deal for me since I just can't stand the G5/G500/G7 rough textured plastic sides. It's feels like I'm holding onto sandpaper.

Edit:

Ah crap! Battery life is as abysmal as my old G7. 8 hours or less on a full charge. Meaning if I go from heavy gaming to heavy multitasking on the same day, a 2000 mAh cell is gonna be dry in less than 5 hours. :icon_eek:

Hmm, that puts a crimp on whether or not I'd want the mouse. On one hand there's those extra buttons in all the right places and everything else I wanted in my next mouse. On the other hand, battery life is a tiny fraction of my MX1100 (even on a single AA).
                            Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-18-2011, 07:50 AM.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                              @ Balfa,

On your G700, are the sides the same rough textured plastic as on the G5/G500?

I ask because I'm looking to purchasing it to replace my MX1100 soon (LMB paint is chipping rubbing away and rubberized sides is frustratingly hard to clean). It also might break the deal for me since I just can't stand the G5/G500/G7 rough textured plastic sides. It's feels like I'm holding onto sandpaper.

Edit:

Ah crap! Battery life is as abysmal as my old G7. 8 hours or less on a full charge. Meaning if I go from heavy gaming to heavy multitasking on the same day, a 2000 mAh cell is gonna be dry in less than 5 hours. :icon_eek:

Hmm, that puts a crimp on whether or not I'd want the mouse. On one hand there's those extra buttons in all the right places and everything else I wanted in my next mouse. On the other hand, battery life is a tiny fraction of my MX1100 (even on a single AA).
                              Heh, my g5 had nice mock-rubberized plastic on the sides, but this has a rougher, harder plastic. It doesn't bother me, but if you thought the g5 was sandpapery (really?), this will definitely bother you.

As for battery life. I think your mx1100 was only one generation after my "cordless desktop optical" mouse... I'd suspect it's borderline fast enough for gaming. The difference between my old cordless and this are night and day. The battery life is low specifically because it has a much higher transmit frequency.

I'm sure it's like when you go from a normal phone to a smart phone. You just get used to plugging it in more often.

Besides, it uses standard aa, so just grab yourself a standalone charger and a few extra cells (i highly recommend rayovac hybrid), just in case.

Also, the mouse plugs into a usb port and works exactly like a wired mouse while charging. The charging cable looks quite thick, and I've read some people don't like gaming with the thick heavy cord plugged in, but I haven't had to try it yet myself.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X