Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R.A.T. 7 Mouse..Headed this way!

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
    Heh, my g5 had nice mock-rubberized plastic on the sides, but this has a rougher, harder plastic. It doesn't bother me, but if you thought the g5 was sandpapery (really?), this will definitely bother you.

As for battery life. I think your mx1100 was only one generation after my "cordless desktop optical" mouse... I'd suspect it's borderline fast enough for gaming. The difference between my old cordless and this are night and day. The battery life is low specifically because it has a much higher transmit frequency.

I'm sure it's like when you go from a normal phone to a smart phone. You just get used to plugging it in more often.

Besides, it uses standard aa, so just grab yourself a standalone charger and a few extra cells (i highly recommend rayovac hybrid), just in case.

Also, the mouse plugs into a usb port and works exactly like a wired mouse while charging. The charging cable looks quite thick, and I've read some people don't like gaming with the thick heavy cord plugged in, but I haven't had to try it yet myself.
    So you think the sides of the G700 is a textured rubbery feel?

I really wish I could find a review or a store that carried it so I could feel it.

Yes, there's that as well. Hmm, I don't think I have much of a choice but to go with the G700.

I know the battery's short because of the higher polling rate, it's same with my old G7. Except instead of a single AA, it used proprietary-sized 900 mAh hot-swappable Li-Ion batteries. At least I can use rechargeables and have the USB cable charge it.

The RAT9's just too much at $150. I could get two G700s for that price ($75 each).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

No, I thought the g5 had a textured, rubbery feel. The g700 has a textured not-very-rubbery feel. I wouldn't call it sandpaper, but there's nothing wong with it.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Well I picked up my G700 yesterday and will have it delivered tomorrow. If you want to wait out a bit the content guys might have something planned that you will be interested in.................

If a wireless gaming mouse is something you are interested in don't overlook the Microsoft X8 Sidewinder. I have it now, and apart from the LMB starting to fail it has been an epic mouse, with a long battery life, and the same feature of the G700, in that it allows me to charge and play at the same time. As for the thick cable on the G700, I think giving it some slack will help that out. I also recommend having a spare battery and charger handy, but I have never ever needed to use it.

Just FYI so you have options.

Comment

One last question: how many sensitivity levels can you set on the G700?

Can you also store them to the onboard memory?

Hmm, maybe I'm just too used to the actual rubber coating on my MX1100. All right, I gotta find a store with a sample model. Gotta try it in my hand before I jump the gun.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Our of the factory, you have five sensitivity levels, but you can change the sensitivity of each level, as well as the number of levels, using the set point software. It hours as low as two levels. Not sure if you can go above 5.

I read online that you can store one profile in thee mouse's memory, but the pamphlet that came with it, and the drivers, seem to suggest you can store FIVE profiles on board the mouse.

Haven't messed with it much yet. Just downloaded and installed the software last night late before bed.

The retail box let's you touch and click the g8, g9 & g10 buttons, but that's not much good :)

If you have a fry's nearby, they might have display models?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Acrea, this video mentions the feel of the mouse!

Comment

Oooh, thanks Jeepo, I'll have to watch that later after my class is over.

It seems I have another question.

After reading a lot of different reviews online, they all report the initial launch of the G700 is unusable in wireless mode since small mouse movements ends up with jumpy pointers (much like the symptom of a broken optical mouse).

There's speculation on the official forums that Logitech's next SetPoint is supposed to solve that issue, but there's no mention of it from Logitech itself (from on their people I mean).

So my question is:

Does your mouse pointer jump around wackily when you make small mouse movements/gestures in wireless mode?

Which version of SetPoint are you using? Or if you're not?

Have you heard anything more on when they'll fix it?

(I'm gonna hold off on buying if that's what the case still is....)
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

All right, I ended up still buying the G700 on top of Breach (luckily it was on sale). Hope to get it next week just in time for my birthday. :D
                  Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-29-2011, 02:28 PM.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just to chime in that I got a RAT7 as well. Its great. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and have the whole weight/size adjustment thing to the point where I barely notice I'm using a mouse now. I like it.
                    Do or do not, there is no try....
                    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X