Help with TG sign in on Fire Fox...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TG sign in on Fire Fox...

Since the TG site redesign last year my sign in credentials disappear about every 10 minutes. Typically this happens after writing a long and thoughtful reply to one post or another and results in said post being obliterated into cyber space while TG digests my credentials all over again. I've since learned to copy every reply I write so that I can paste it in if I have to but how can I stop this from happening at all...

Thanks...
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Re: Help with TG sign in on Fire Fox...

interesting. the login credentials are in cookie form, so check your cookie settings to make sure they're not set something funny that would cause them to self-delete.

also, in order to help you troubleshoot, what plugins/addons are you using for firefox? i know there are some plugins like super logoff (amongst others) that can clear your history, cache and cookies every few minutes for those people super paranoid about privacy.

last thing, speaking of plugins: theres a wonderful plugin out there for firefox called Lazarus. it automatically recalls anything you've typed in a textbox (similar to the way MS word saves 10-20 cuts/copies for easy recall) for just the reason you explained. so if you lose a post to the internet void, all you'd have to do once you login again is right-click in the text box you were typing in and have lazarus restore the post you were about to make. it also clears itself out every time you close the browser, so you dont have to worry about a massive buildup of text accumulating somewhere.

Comment

I checked cookie settings. all cookies are allowed and I even went into another section that allowed me to type specific sites to allow...added the tg site clicked enter and 3 minutes later while switching from one forum to another the credentials disappeared. Also looked at cookies currently being used and sure enough tacticalgamer.com is on the active list.

No unusual addons are used.......

I'm stumped...

*feck* just happened again as I penned this reply...
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hmm, could be spyware/virus that's still in your temp internet files. Try clearing all of your cookies. Then run Spybot S&D. Do a complete immunization on Firefox then a complete scan and delete any spyware that comes up.

I do have the same troubles as you Grunt, now and again. The only solution that's worked for me is to clear my cookies and refresh the site and re-login.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

To locate the problem run FF in safe mode. If the issue does not persist, start using your browser but with all of your addons disabled. Then simply enable one at a time until it starts occurring again. This happened to me before and it was an addon.

Comment

I had the same problem Grunt. I ended up completely deleting any reference to FF and did a complete reinstall and it worked for me.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys...will check them out over the next couple of weeks.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed