Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Intel Core i3-330UM processor capable of cs4 or cs5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Intel Core i3-330UM processor capable of cs4 or cs5?

I am looking at getting this notebook for basic things, but my wife would use it from time to time on the road to do some work with cs4 or cs5. The cpu is here. I just wanted to see how you guys and gals think this would perform. She is currently using a AMD Phenom II X2 560 at home when she works with CS4 and is happy with the performance of that chip. Thanks for the help.

Re: Is the Intel Core i3-330UM processor capable of cs4 or cs5?

Yes, an i3 will work fine with CS4/5. However, if she tries to use any of the advanced elements that chew through processor (like content-aware fill), its going to take a while.

Comment

I use a c2d 2.5ghz in my laptop and - though it takes a little bit from time to time, I work with 100+ meg .psd's all the time, and have even edited a few HD videos in a pinch.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

The rule of thumb I was using when selling PC's: i3 for light duty casual editing, i5 for everyday photo editing and some HD video, i7 for professional and HD video editing. That said I was just using CS5 on an older desktop with a 2.4 dual 2gb of memory without much issue unless I tried to do some of the more crazy filter/renderings.

I would be careful with only an 11" screen... I'm on a 15" right now and that seem almost too small for Photoshop as it is.

Comment

Since Photoshop CS2, if you're working on anything more advanced than basic photo manipulation, you'd need a higher resolution of ideally 1680 x 1050 or higher. Anything below that in my experience won't cut it as your workspace becomes overly crowded with tool palettes and source/reference material open in subwindows.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X