Installing TS into a website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing TS into a website

Hi everyone, was wondering if you could help me with a problem. I run a website with a few guys based on gaming (tabletop as opposed to computer in this instance), and am trying to set up a TeamSpeak server on it. It's not free webspace, I actually rent space on the server from cqhost.com

I have downloaded the TS server, but cannot figure out how to make it work. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks.

Re: Installing TS into a website

I have this image of a bunch of guys sitting around a poker table, each with a headset and not making eye contact with anyone else at the table.

I know nothing of TS administration. Best of luck.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You need to have shell access to the machine in order to install TeamSpeak. It's not something that can be done with an FTP account. What type of access do you have to the machine that is doing the hosting?
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I have FTP access, both via an external client (ie CuteFTP), and via Web-Ftp as well. Apparently I also have Shell Access, but they have not told me how. Going to wing a support ticket off, will ask again when I have shell access. Thanks!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X