System Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Guard

I recently noticed a new program that runs on startup called "System Guard". I haven't done too much research yet, but from what it appears, it's some sort of spyware notifier-type program with the intention of scaring you into purchasing actual spyware programs.

I currently have MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials). With a quick scan it didn't detect System Guard - I'll try the full scan later. I also ran Aimbot S&D, which didn't touch System Guard either (I think).

Does anyone have any suggestions? My quick 30 second google search essentially gave a bunch of OTHER malware and spyware scanners, which I don't really want to DL or purchase without doing my full research, although that seems like my best option. Another option would be just to fork over the cash and invest in Kapersky, BitDefender, or some other internet security suite, but I want to hold off on that unless it's my best or most reliable option.

Install and run malwarebytes anti malware in safe mode with networking. It's always bailed me out.

Sent from my EVO

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Re: System Guard

there are a lot of those going around right now. I have seen 8 computers with that type of infection. call it what you want, but the thing is a virus. anything that acts like that is malicious. google removal instructions for it (each one is different, but they are all easily removed if you know the right steps to take) some are more aggressive than others so you are lucky in that regard.

after you follow the remove instructions, use mbam... and then maybe even housecall for peace of mind.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I tried malwarebytes... a full scan didn't find anything :(

Comment

Here is a link to removal instructions from my favorite resource Bleeping Computer

The instructions say that MBAM will pick it up, but in your case you can also use the list of associated files and reg keys to manually remove it.

After looking at the screen shots of the program, this is the same ransomware bullcrap I've been lifting off of machines both at work and with the family. It goes by many different names and SystemGaurd seems to be the "lite" version of it. The Advanced Antivirus Pro 2010 iteration I've seen disables access to Task Manager, regedit, sets IE and other broswers to use a proxy thereby disabling net access....but it typically can be removed with MBAM. Are you sure that MBAM was updated and you were in safe mode?

EDIT: Looks like the link went down as I was posting - should be back up soon

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Yeah, I ran it on standard mode. Will try safe mode sometime this weekend.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X