How L.A. Noire Conquered The Uncanny Valley With A Tech Called MotionScan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How L.A. Noire Conquered The Uncanny Valley With A Tech Called MotionScan

Gizmodo just posted a great article on next-gen motion capture, and it is worth the read. Watch the video, cause this is some scary real looking stuff. The whole time I'm watching I'm thinking about other games where this would be awesome, and maybe in the future you will be able to go into a shop like Gamestop, step into a booth, and they scan your head for like $5. They give you a small file that you could put into whatever game your playing, and bam, your face is in the game.

I know ARMA kind of has something very basic like that, but this is way beyond that.

Check it out:
    How L.A. Noire Conquered The Uncanny Valley With A Tech Called MotionScan

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: How L.A. Noire Conquered The Uncanny Valley With A Tech Called MotionScan

watch the youtube video, the facial capture technology is seriously impressive

Comment

the results are amazing. wish the new mass effect would use this.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Only concern I saw from the trailers was how the heads look disjoint from the rest of the bodies :p

Here is hoping any future GTA games will incorporate this technology.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X