In-game Mic problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-game Mic problems

So basically, my mic works in steam and any other thing that I need to use it for, but not ingame in any of the games I own. (MOH, CODBO)

I run it through RelTek audio software, and I've messed around with it and tried a bunch of random stuff but none of it has worked.

If you all have any ideas, that would be great.

Re: In-game Mic problems

Is this a USB or a analog (3.5 mm jack) mic?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Sounds suspiciously like some permissions aren't being granted somewhere (as a personal example, I have to run Ventrilo in admin mode or it does not work with certain programs).

Assuming you're on Vista/7, you may need to test giving the programs admin access. I know that can particularly be an issue on games run through system accounts that aren't admin (e.g., the games are installed specifically to that account).

Should also be noted: You have verified that the microphone is outright not being detected in-game and not just suffering some sort of silly low volume problem, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
        Sounds suspiciously like some permissions aren't being granted somewhere (as a personal example, I have to run Ventrilo in admin mode or it does not work with certain programs).

Assuming you're on Vista/7, you may need to test giving the programs admin access. I know that can particularly be an issue on games run through system accounts that aren't admin (e.g., the games are installed specifically to that account).

Should also be noted: You have verified that the microphone is outright not being detected in-game and not just suffering some sort of silly low volume problem, yes?
        It might be a low volume deal, but I can't tell because no one can hear me. When I do the mic test/calibration on the windows deal, it has me very very low to the point where the replay I can barely hear myself. I don't know what to do about that since the gain/volume is all the way up. And what do you mean by permissions? I am not that tech savvy as my older bro :P

@Acreo, it is analog.

Comment

I don't think it's a permissions problem, as the game would be able to interface with his mic without him having to run any other special program (it's not like TS or Vent).

Have you adjusted the talk threshold in the games where you have low mic volume issues?

For example, BF2 and BF2142, you can adjust the volume threshold by sliding a bar that lets you adjust how loud you need to be before the game picks up and transmits your voice to the players.

Also, did you put on microphone boost in the Levels tab under your Microphone properties (under Sound in Control Panel)?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys, it just randomly ( out of nowhere...) started working ingame.

Comment

I did that!....and your welcome. I will send the bill:)
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Airborne My mic wouldnt work either till I updated my realtek software to the latest version now it works in BF2 lol on board audio I think totally sucks compared to having a real sound card in your machine. Anyone agree there? Whats a good sound card to get these days for a W7 64 bit system?

Comment

I had similar problems with my onboard realtek until I found this solution, funnily enough on our site.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-working.html
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...