SuperTalent RAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTalent RAM

Hey guys, I was looking into getting some more RAM (it's all part of my grand plan!) about now, and saw a decent deal on some SuperTalent RAM. Being in the UK I have never heard of these bad boys before, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. Looked at their website, and seemed pretty cocher/professional, but I'm a bit wary of buying from brands i don't know (especially for memory, although that said my current memory is from Dane-Elec, and that runs happy-happy).

Re: SuperTalent RAM

really try to get memory from all the same companys, to ensure compatibility. try to look for more RAM from Dane-Elec.

Comment

Shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

here, it looks like they have a new line of memory:

DANE-ELEC MEMORY launches its range of DDR2 PC-3200 DIMM Registered and PC-4200 DIMM unbuffered modules.

Real turning point in the DRAM module design, the DDR2 memory modules offer higher operating frequencies with more and more small and performing chips.

Much faster than the DDR, the DDR2 can achieve the speed of 533 Mb/sec. Owing to a lower voltage supply, the power consumption is reduced. With an internal programming of the chips it is possible to have an optimal impedance matching with the module environment. The DDR2 available capacities are 256 MB, 512 MB, 1 GB and 2 GB.

Comment

Ahh if only my mobo could support DDR2 ;)

I have only found 1 place that sells 1Gb sticks at a decent price, and struggle to find anywhere that sells the same type i bought nearly 2 years ago close to the price i paid for it back then. :-/

Comment

ya, :(. you can buy some cheap mobo's these days that support DDR2. if you can afford to wait, the prices of memory are dropping so they will continue to get cheaper.

Comment

question about memory, can you mix unbufferd and bufferd memory and what the crap is the difference?
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

no clue, but i would only use memory from the same company. im guessing you cant mix the 2.

Comment

Well I would, but you see.. I have a dream!

A couple of years back when I was designing the comp I'm using now, I got lucky and things all fit into place. The 800FSB had just popped into the mainstream, and now was utilized by the 'c' core Northwoods, which looked to have a bit of life in them for upgradeability. Additionally the 865PE controller looked to have some future in it as well (claiming it could support the Prescott before that was even fully developed). I got a really good mobo from AOpen (AX4SPE Max), which allowed me a lot of cool features (SATA, Dual Channel etc). However if I wanted everything at top end it was going to cost waaaaay more than I could afford. So I went for 'minimum upgradeability'. I took the 2.4Ghz cpu, and 2x512 sticks of RAM, as they were comparatively inexpensive. It was in my mind to upgrade in 2 years, but because of the other stuff I bought I would only need:

faster cpu (looking to get a 3.4Ghz Prescott or Northwood)

video card (although my Radeon 9700Pro is still coping very well, and even ran Doom3 on Ultra with only a small amount of glitching, so I'll look to upgrade that next year most likely, as AGPs should be pretty cheap with PCI-Express taking over)

more RAM (looking to get 2Gb more to top up at 3Gb).

so a 200-300 upgrade that should give probably 50% better performance... and cope even for another 2 years even maybe (with the gfx card upgrade)??? Then it's time for new technology!

hence the question on RAM :)

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                    question about memory, can you mix unbufferd and bufferd memory and what the crap is the difference?

Buffered, or registered memory, is memory that has registers on the chip to better control that memory. It can be useful if your system has a lot of RAM, but almost all modern boards (ie 2 years) have memory controllers that are good enough to cope without it.

Can't be mixed :(

Comment

yah see the whole lil squigly line before 200 and 300 lost me.......j/k
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...