Very Strange Video Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Strange Video Issue

I have had this issue ever since i built my computer.
    ECS k7vta3 PCB 6.0

I first bought an eVGA Geforce FX5600 XT 256 MB card. While in 4x mode the 3-d rendering would become garbled and discolored. I figured out at that time that switching to 2x mode solved the problem. So i had the card RMA'd. New card comes, same problem. I lived with it considering it was a hardware incompatibility or i had been shafted by eVGA on the RMA.

8 months later. I decide i'm going to figure what's causing this to happen. I have tried the old VIA drivers and new VIA drivers to no avail. many versions of the Nvidia drivers. I tried changing settings in the AGP slot on my BIOS. Nothing was working.
    I also had a geforce 3 card that worked flawlessly. I went out and bought an ATI radeon 9250 that has no problems in 4x mode. The problem seems to be technology now.

I've now sent the card back yet again and recieved a FX 5700 LE 256 MB from eVGA. The 5600's were discontinued. I am still experiencing the same problem. The ATI has no issue. On the previous card i had given it the finger touch test and it felt pretty hot. The tech at eVGA and I came to the conclusion that it's the card.

Now that i've got the new card i've gone through the same tests and still no solution. I can only guess at this point that it's the Mobo and FX technology just not getting along OR is this a power supply problem? The power supply is a 400 Watt. I don't have the specific details on it atm but i will get them.

any thoughts and suggestions?

- -

Re: Very Strange Video Issue

1. Do you have the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard?
    2. Is your power supply a name brand? Enermax, etc.

Comment

you can find your BIOS number by using CPU-Z.

Comment

I have the latest bios.
        The PSU i'm not sure on brand name but i think it may be antec. I have to crack the case open again today after work.

- -

Comment

mabey your APG or PCI-E slot is damaged. that would cause some problems with the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
            you can find your BIOS number by using CPU-Z.
            Its not always correct tho, my motherboard is updated to F6 (Gigabyte K8NS-Ultra) but CPUz says its F5, my flash program for my mobo says its F6, at startup its F6, and SpeedFan says its F6. Im not sure why CPUz says F5. I do have Dual Bios, maybe one of the chips isnt updated?
            Oyee

Comment

You said it felt hot to the touch. Have you tried opening the case and running a fan on it? Maybe it's a heat issue that wasn't a problem with the other cards since they're older technology.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

that was with the old card, it's now gone. The new card same issue but i haven't given it a heat test yet. Still gotta bust it open. Been busy around here though. Should get to it soon. Either way i'm convinced it's the mobo or powersupply. Most likely PSU.

- -

Comment

does that graphic card require you to plug the power supply into the card directly?
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...