No announcement yet.

Will this gaming PC be enough?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this gaming PC be enough?

In a couple of weeks or a month i plan on buying an Intel Gaming Series Desktop.
    Here are the specs:

CPU: 2.8Ghz Intel Core i5-760 8MB Cache Quad-Core
    Heatsink/Fan: Stock Intel LGA1156 Heatsink and Fan
    Memory: 4G (2GBx2) PC3 10666 DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
    Hard Drive: 500GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA300
    Video Card: 1GB Geforce GT240 GDDR3 PCI-E DVI/HDMI
    (I am also considering whether i should add a second video card which is a Geforce 8400GS)
    In total it costs about 646$ but if i add the second video card it's going to be 681$

My main purpose for buying this is to run ARMA 2 and OA smoothly and PR as well along with personal uses as well.
    I am purchasing this PC from It allows you to customize your PC and the people there will build it for you and send it to you.

So will i be able to play games like ARMA 2 or OA? This is my first time buying a gaming PC.
    And is a GT240 better or GT430?

Re: Will this gaming PC be enough?

Get a GTX 260, the 240 is a 9800 (or something) rebranded and is a lack luster card. The 260 is a lot better for a single card in the mid range of graphics.

I have a worse processor, but the GTX 260, and it can play ARMA2 with medium-high settings fairly well.

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Wow, ARMA 2 seems demanding on video cards.So how high of settings do you think the current specs i listed would give me?
      I heard it was more CPU demanding as well so how good would the CPU be?

That CPU is very good.

Needs a better graphics card. The site lets you not order a video card. Its one of the easiest parts to install in a computer and you could order one yourself much cheaper. Turn off computer, open side of case, locate video card slot, remove the little piece of metal at the back of case, shove the card in, plug in any needed power cords, put side of case on, start computer, insert CD that came with the graphics card, install software, restart computer, enjoy.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

The GT240 is a rebranded 9600GT. Doesn't even come close to the performance of a 8800GT/9800GT.

As for graphics cards, I'd recommend at least a HD5770. If you can afford it, a HD5850 or HD6950 would be ideal.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed