Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection problems?

First off I have fairly good internet: http://speedtest.net/
    My internet is doing just fine in just like browsing and such. But I am experiencing problems connecting to game servers. In BC2, COD, and PR. It will let me join just fine, but then it will start showing connection problems, maybe for just a couple seconds, then go back to normal, and get progressively worse until I lose connection entirely. This is extremely frustrating, any help would be great. AVG is my anti virus.
    May you be covered in the dust of your Rabbi.

Re: Connection problems?

When did you start experiencing these connection problems?

What have you changed or installed around the time when you started having problems?

As for COD, if it's MW2, you can blame it on the peer-to-peer setup that picks the slowest computer/connection to be host.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Maybe a day or 2 ago. I do not recall installing or changing anything. And I was not referring to mw2 :(

It just seems the strangest thing that it works fine except wanting to disconnect me from any game servers, despite having good ping before the disconnect.

Comment

Are you connected directly to your modem or through a router?

If it's through a router, connect to the internet through your modem and see if you still experience dropouts. If you don't then likely, your router is to blame. More than likely a dying router if you haven't changed any settings on that router in the last few days.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Oddly enough, when I connect the cable to the modem in place of the yellow cable that connects to the router (You can see how technologically inclined I am) it says I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access.

Comment

I have noticed it in Black ops, haven't tried it in BC2 yet....but it's like micro lag. i can be running and go around a corner and there is an instant of hesitation. Or I face an enemy and try to fire or they fire and there is a small hesitation, and yes it's in the last few days. Several have been experiencing it. We thought it was the server and even restarted that and I still get it. I changed nothing at all on my end....it's just wierd. Steam has even lost connection for me lately and that never has happened before.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Well you see the problem isnt me lagging, its me losing connection altogether, sometimes briefly, sometimes I get fully disconnected from the server. But this is in every game I play, not just CoD, anything from PR to Rainbow six to world in conflict :(

Comment

I am facing something similar during 2142. I stay connected to server most of time, but I get way bad ping/lag. It stays around 200 or goes 200+. I usually run TS3 and xfire in background while playing. Does anyone know the reason? It's not that frequent, but whenever it happens I cannot shoot a thing... :(. At first I use to experience this on euro servers only, but recently it happened on TG server too. And interesting thing is that I was alone on server at that time, just blowing stuff around... :D. Ohh, one more thing, I did check my internet speed and stuff using speedtest website and by selecting sever location "Herndon, VA". The result was good and ping was around 60.

My active Battlefield 2142 id : headqd1

Remember " The strong one doesn't always win, but the one who wins is strong"... The Emperor, 4 7 16

Comment

Originally posted by SoloDaNINJA View Post
                  Oddly enough, when I connect the cable to the modem in place of the yellow cable that connects to the router (You can see how technologically inclined I am) it says I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access.
                  That's usually because you have to log into your modem's control panel and log in with your ISP username and password. Once your modem is connected, then Windows should update that you're on a network with internet access.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X