need a new monitor....like now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a new monitor....like now

So I had an opportunity to make some money off my syncmaster 19" monitor. I have been toying with getting a larger one anyway.....figured I may as well soften the cost of buying a new monitor. Anyways I need a new one ....now! so I will order off of newegg but I would like some input. Unfortunately the sky is NOT the limit I have to stay around $160-$170. I want a monitor that does 1080P anyone have any recommendations? I see a lot of nice reviews on the ASUS monitors. Hanns G has a nice looking one as well but I have never heard of them. This will be mainly for gaming. The card pushing it is a XFX 6950 Flashed to 6970 speeds.

???
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254044
    Last edited by Ven; 01-13-2011, 08:46 AM.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: need a new monitor....like now

well I did some review searching and settled on this...hope it's good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Hanns G is pretty good. I've had both a 19in and a 22in from them and they are both still in service though not with me. They weren't the brightest things around, but I usually turn that down anyways and the price was super right.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I've only had one flat screen monitor and it's an Acer H213H 21.5" LCD 1920x1080. Granted, I don't have much experience with LCD's, but I have been extremely happy with my Acer. Nice and bright, vivid colors and dark blacks.

sigpic

Comment

I replied to your PM Ven with a better LED-backlit one from ASUS. Having two now in the house, I haven't had problems with either. Plus it's nice having the 3 year, two-way shipping warranty to back me up.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
            I replied to your PM Ven with a better LED-backlit one from ASUS. Having two now in the house, I haven't had problems with either. Plus it's nice having the 3 year, two-way shipping warranty to back me up.
            Which one? Do share!
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I just got a Samsung SyncMaster P2770

Its the best thing I ever got for the PC
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Here's the reply I sent to Ven's PM:

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas
                I think this one is better: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236112

LED backlighting
                ASUS, quite nice warranty
                Only slightly more ($10 more)

I've got the slightly bigger 24" for my mom's rig last month. The contrast is noticeably better than my CCFL-backlit 25.5" ASUS. It's lighter and draws less power (compared to the one you linked to: <35W vs. 55W).

Plus, the backlight should last anywhere from 8-10 years with heavy use. That's quite a bit longer than the typical 4-5 years on tradition CCFL-lit LCDs. Case in point, half of my CCFL LCDs failed within 5 years and a month (heavy use).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If you going really cheap then look at the 1680x1050 resolution monitors, I use one and it is perfectly large enough for me, as well as still providing you the widescreen feeling (you can also bump the graphics up more because the resolution is lower) :)

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I have the ASUS VH242H. I like it quite a bit. Good color quality. Only issue I have with it is when it is displaying a very dark or black image you can see color distortion at the very top and bottom half inch of the displays from the view angle.

Don't bother with an LED. No point really. Only advantage is power draw is lower.

Comment

You know what? You could actually go for the traditional LCD monitor and save the $10 so that in a few years you can upgrade up to a true LED monitor instead (like AMOLED). My Cowon S9's AMOLED display puts every LCD in the house to shame. Only wish they had saturated the market by now instead of the transitional LED-backlit displays.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X