Logitech G700 - $54.99 @ Amazon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G700 - $54.99 @ Amazon!

Alas, I should have ordered late for once as I'm missing out on this shocking deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wirel...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Amazon is selling the Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse for $74.99 before MIR. There's also a $20 MIR, which brings the price down to $54.99! :icon_eek:

The catch: You need to order by February 5th, 2011 in order to be eligible for the rebate!

For those of you not in the know, this is Logitech's current flagship mouse. Here are some reviews to wet your appetite:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...-g700-review/1

Here are some close-up shots of the mouse (source: CircuitCity.com):

My own is on it's way and I'm already giddy with anticipation! :D

Edit: Corrected the rebate date: 2/5/2011 not 2/2/2011. My mistake!
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Logitech G700 - $54.99 @ Amazon!

Not sure if I didn't see the fine print, but both Amazon and the form says you can order by the 5th.

Comment

Logitech mice just feel small imo for gaming; I personally really like the razor copperhead for it's elongated feel.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Logitech has always served me well; I have a G7 and a G500. But then again, I have pretty small hands so I've never thought they seemed small.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
          Not sure if I didn't see the fine print, but both Amazon and the form says you can order by the 5th.
          Ah, good catch. I must have put down the 2nd because I just remembered my birthday's the 2nd. :p

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
          Logitech mice just feel small imo for gaming; I personally really like the razor copperhead for it's elongated feel.
          Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
          Logitech has always served me well; I have a G7 and a G500. But then again, I have pretty small hands so I've never thought they seemed small.
          I actually don't have any issues with the size of Logitech mice of late. I do agree Razer has some nice large mice for those of us with long, slender hands (like MacLeod and myself).

I've owned a few Logitech mice: trackball wheel mouse, the first optical wheel mice, G7, LX8, MX1100. The MX1100, MX1000, most of the G-series, MX Revolution, MX Performance, etc aren't small mice. The fact I can comfortably full palm every one of those mice says to me that they are good for large hands. They might not be as wide as some of the Razer counterparts, but I feel they have a better curve (goes higher) offering a better palming grip.

This G700 should be even better since the curve's even steeper than on my MX1100 and I can't wait to feel it in my hands!
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I gave this sucker a try the yesterday... I gotta admit, I was pleasantly surprised.

Back in my 2142 days, I used the wireless G5, which i really liked, except it only had 1 thumb button. Once it started breaking down on me, I switched to the Mamba. The Mamba was awesome for the first few months, but wear and tear plus other frustrations are really starting to show. the side plastic is starting to peel off. You kind of have to fiddle with the mouse position on the dock to get it to charge correctly, plus the razer configuration software is absolutely horrible. You overlook this in the beginning since it's such a great mouse, but after a while it just gets way too noticeable. Plus, tracking lately has been inconveniently dodgy.

Point is I was in the market for a new mouse, so why not give this sucker a try. I like it for the most part. Pretty comfortable for a palm-gripper, and it's nice to get the side scroll buttons back. Another nice touch that I'm not used to is having the thumb cradle to rest your thumb. Something subtle that I'm starting to appreciate.

The Mouse
            • My biggest issue are the 4 thumb buttons. It just doesn't feel natural. I got used to the large thumb buttons on the mamba, so going back to smaller thumb buttons was a step down for me. On top of that (literally), the extra 2 thumb buttons were placed right on top of the other 2 thumb buttons. I can get used to it, but it doesn't seem like the ideal button placement. Maybe it's me, but if you're going to have 4 thumb buttons, I thought it'd be a better idea to have the standard 2 buttons that line up horizontally, but have the extra 2 thumb buttons vertically, like how Microsoft's Sidewinder mouses have their buttons, essentially giving you D-pad type access on the mouse.
            • The scroll wheel feels a little "light". I wish it would have a little more resistance, although that could be just me, and it's something I never really thought about until the G700.

Setpoint Software
            • I was also never really a fan of the setpoint software. I never liked how games wouldn't recognize the default logitech mouse buttons. That is, if I went in game and mapped the Mamba thumb buttons in the game settings, the game would recognize them as "MB3" and "MB4". However, the game wouldn't recognize the G700 thumb buttons, as if I pressed nothing at all. I had this issue with 2142, and it's back with BC2. I don't know if I'm doing this wrong, but it'd be nice to leave them as the default buttons in setpoint, and have the game recognize them as well, mouse buttons. The workaround is to assign the mouse buttons to a certain key, then map those keys in game, but it's a little unncessary to me.
            • Application switching was sketchy at first. It wouldn't recognize when I switched applications, and just stay at the default profile. It worked eventually, but I'm wondering if this will be a problem in the future.

I know I listed a lot of negatives, but overally it's a very good mouse. I guess I'm trying to be as critical early on. I plan on trying out the X8 also, and return whichever one I don't like.

Comment

Interesting... So does the mouse come with the rechargeable batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                Originally posted by Zenchi View Post
                Interesting... So does the mouse come with the rechargeable batteries?
                Yep, it comes with a single 2000 mAh Ni-MH Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable battery (it's a low self discharge cell).

Pictures don't do the color any justice. To me the mouse is all black, not the dark gray others have said.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I got one and like it so far.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I see... looks really nice but I am looking to upgrade my keyboard instead. Hopefully they will have a similar deal for Logitech G510.

Comment

I actually do not have large hands, the razor just feels more natural to me (my brother uses a logitech so I know how it feels). The 4 side buttons would get annoying also as the two side ones on each side of the razor look much larger then those, and it is hard to accidentally push the wrong button when they are not stacked on each other.

Otherwise though the Logitech looks great, the G8, G9, and G10 buttons would be good to have.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Actually since I have my G700 in front of me, the buttons are slightly smaller, but with a highly prolific edge to them, you're not gonna bump them too easily unless you're like me and play with a gel wrist rest (for my CTS). Even then, I'm slowly getting used to the lower profile of the mouse (yes, it's smaller than my old MX1100). So I'll eventually not bump the G4/G5 button.

It's actually about the same size as the old G7 I have. The exception is the wider thumb rest that sticks out and the curvy profile of the MX series of mice (at least the last few ones).
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just to give an update, I tried the G700 out, and compared it to the Mamba, Sidewinder X8, and the R.A.T. 9. I ended up sticking with the G700 (You can tell based on the comparisons I prefer a cordless mouse).
                          • I originally had the Mamba, I had some issues with it, but would have stuck with it had it not been for a number of issues: inconsistent tracking, mouse falling apart, arguably the WORST software, battery life incredibly short, and poor plug-in cable management. It was definitely comfortable, and I'm going to miss the large thumb buttons, but after playing with the G700, I miss it less and less.
                          • The Sidewinder X8 felt way too clunky the second I put my hand on it. The center bulge where your palm rests feels uncomfortably bulky, and when you combined that with the noticeable mouse width, it just feels like the mouse was made for NBA players. I do like the vertical mouse buttons, but they seemed too convenient in that accidentally hit them pretty frequently.
                          • I like the R.A.T. 9 for the most part, but I wasn't a fan of the smaller thumb buttons. On top of that, all the different parts gave the mouse a more fragile feel, plus the separate parts made it slightly uncomfortable because it wasn't "smooth", much like holding a comfortable rock with lots of crannies and bumps. All the spaces and the grooves in the mouse looked like they would get dust and other crud in there pretty quickly.

I got used the feel of the G700, especially the 4 thumb buttons. However, I have yet to use them extensively. Battery life still seems pretty dodgy, since it seems like I'm down to 2 bars an hour after full charge, and down to 1 bar after an afternoon session. My biggest gripe is the lack of mouse button recognition in games (thumb buttons would be recognized in games for other mouses as Mouse 3/4, but not for the G700, for whatever reason), but you can workaround this by creating game profiles. Still, it would be nice to not have to create a game profile and just have the game recognize the default buttons.

Overall, I felt the G700 had the best combination of comfortability (for my hand), number of buttons, and performance.

Comment

@ Pvt. Brokeback,

Most games nowadays can recognize those extra buttons, but you have to set the extra ones to be "generic button" in Setpoint. That way, you don't have to setup a profile for every game you own, just for the ones you play the most and a general gaming profile with "generic button" selected for all the other G buttons.
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Im very happy with my G700. Its been very problem free.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X