EA Game Installer Chache Error Run Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Game Installer Chache Error Run Failure

I used the EA game installer to purchase Mass Effect 1 and 2 but cannot get the game to launch. I have checked out the problem in this EA forum, but EA seems rather inept at customer server.

On trying to launch the game I get the error message "The Game Installer cache directory is invalid. Please select a different directory."

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a fix?

EDIT: The fix was an update to the EA downloader.
    Last edited by E-Male; 02-19-2011, 02:12 PM.
    sigpic

Re: EA Game Installer Chache Error Run Failure

Perhaps delete the caches data in the program data folder and retry the download again? Also, if that doesn't work you can try a disc version and use the key located in your registry.

Comment

Where is your cache directory? Is it on a separate drive/partition? Have you checked to see if that partition has flipped read only? There are some issues with this in Win 7 on certain chipsets.
      Do or do not, there is no try....
      -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Once had a issue reinstalling BF2 using the EA downloader also. The installer would launch, but abruptly close, no error message. Turns out my previous install wasn't completely uninstalled, a single leftover registry key deep in the furthest reaches of my registry prevented the entire thing. Lovely app that EA program is...
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X