In which we talk about Gaming Headsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which we talk about Gaming Headsets

I'm in the market for a new headset. Not that mine is terrible (Some plantronics that I got years ago), but it's not very good to use for extended amounts of time. I need comfort. I went from one living situation to another, and in my new one I can't use my precious logitech sound system as much as I'd like to (24/7). So I've been wearing my headset a lot. Hurts my ears.

Things I'm looking for:

-Superb quality
    -Good for extra long sessions
    -Durable. Can't have it break. I don't abuse any electronics, but I don't like cheap plastic.
    -Great microphone quality.

Price... Price can be thought about after weighing options.

So share what you have.
    Skud

Re: In which we talk about Gaming Headsets

Sennheiser PC350, the only choice for me. Not the latest ones, specifically the 350's.

Comment

I use the Sennheiser PC350 and I think this is one of the better options out there. It is very comfortable to wear for extended sessions. It uses an over-ear design meaning that it does not sit right on top of your ears but rather surrounds them. My old headset would start irritating my ears after an hour or so of wearing them. I can wear these for hours without ever being bothered by them. Sound quality is good for "gaming headphones" but is only average compared to high end audiophile headphones. Mic quality is very good. Overall build quality seems to be adequate as I havent had any problems after roughly 9 months of heavy use.
      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Plantronics Audio 360 for me. Analog inputs never cause me a problem and the oversize ear pads block out sound and are comfy.

$25 or so?

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

These are a bit pricey but I wear these everyday for hours without end.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153043
          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Razer has great sound quality but my last few pairs had horrid mic quality. I suggest the Logitech G35 as it is comfortable (I can also wear it all day), it sounds fantastic, and the mic quality is good.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I'll throw my hat towards the Sennheiser PC350 as well.

Either way, if you want comfort, seek out headsets that are circumaural--"full-size" or those that completely envelop the ears. Be aware, though, that cheap sets might claim they're circumaural but really aren't (that is, they're circumaural if your ears are the size of a quarter). My best advice is to go to something like a Best Buy, Audio King, Ultimate Electronics, or Guitar Center (or relevant smaller store) and try a bunch of different sets on. That said, of my list up there, Best Buy is likely to be the only store that will have headsets and not just headphones.

Comment

I have the Senn. PC350s and they are pretty good, but at the current price you could get a clip on mic and a much better quality pair of headphones.

I wouldn't worry about "surround sound" or "5.1" and other such things. Some companies I have heard decent things about are Logitech, Sennhieser, Turtle Beach, and Steelseries.

On another website I browse, generally the answer to the "best gaming headset" thread is an Audio Technica ATH-A700 with a clip-on mic. I haven't had the chance to try them though.
                A700s - http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica.../dp/B000E9VKUQ
                Zalman mic - http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Microph.../ref=pd_cp_e_3

The mic clips on the cable from the headphones so you don't have to deal with it and it is supposed to have pretty good quality.

A decent sound card helps a lot when compared to most on-board audio.
                Viking

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                  Plantronics Audio 360 for me. Analog inputs never cause me a problem and the oversize ear pads block out sound and are comfy.

$25 or so?
                  I think you meant the GameCom 367. I'll also suggest this headset as well as I also am using this at home. Big and goes around my big ears instead of on them. Mediocre sound isolation and the SQ isn't gong to amaze you, but compared to the super expensive Senn PC350s, the 367 is basically a great buy at < $30.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...68396/froogle/
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...orce-hpa2.aspx

I've had a couple of different sets through the years but these have been excellent and durable (and I found them on sale for 20% under list when I bought them). I have excellent on-board audio and wanted something that took advantage of one of the major features of my board and with the 3.5mm jacks and in-line amplifier these did everything I've asked of them.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by DaViking View Post
                      I have the Senn. PC350s and they are pretty good, but at the current price you could get a clip on mic and a much better quality pair of headphones.
                      Ah, right. I keep forgetting that the Amazon sale price I paid for my PC350s isn't the normal price. At just under $100 on sale, the PC350 were an insanely good value. At the $180-200 normal price? Might be worth expanding your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        I think you meant the GameCom 367. I'll also suggest this headset as well as I also am using this at home. Big and goes around my big ears instead of on them. Mediocre sound isolation and the SQ isn't gong to amaze you, but compared to the super expensive Senn PC350s, the 367 is basically a great buy at < $30.

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetai...68396/froogle/
                        I'm pretty sure I meant this: http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Au.../dp/B000EZYFPW

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          Hmph, Plantronics didn't stop making them? Hmm, well either way, he's got two budget headsets to choose from. It looks like the 360 might offer better sound isolation and makes me wanna pick up a set for lan parties. :)
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ear-Force-HPA2-5...item4aa492a9e5

Can actually buy the updated HPA2's for less than I paid for my first set (better strap assembly), think I'll have to order another pair myself.
                            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Sennheisser PC360. 360 360. Just to clarify, 360 not 350. I just prefer the more open and natural sound the "open cups" give over the 350, but both are truly great sets, and I have went through a LOT of headsets.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X