Blue Screen of Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen of Death

I've been getting the BSOD for the last couple of days and I don't know what to do. I start up my computer, commence any application and, in a matter of minutes, my pc will just crash, displaying said blue screen and then shut down.

I'm currently using Windows 7 and just recently I have restored my PC to a week ago. Yet, it still crashes. Lastly, I've also tried a registry cleaner software, also obtaining no success.

Can anyone help? I'm highly dependent on my PC for work, com. and more. :(

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Re: Blue Screen of Death

Personally, I would immediately suspect it being a RAM issue and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Since your system is not running reliably, I would follow the instructions under Step 2 at the aforementioned link.

Let us know what that comes up with and we can go from there.

sigpic

Comment

I would suggest http://www.memtest.org/ as an alternative. It boots from CD thereby bypassing all of Windows.

Comment

draeh's suggestion would work as well, as long as you have another computer to download and then burn memtest to a CD with.

I am not entirely sure but, I don't think Windows will be accessed at all by using the Boot Manager to get to Windows Memory Diagnostic tool. Then again, I am no MCSE, so I may be way off. If it does access Windows, and causes a BSoD, the diagnostic can be reached via the Windows 7 installation DVD or Recovery partition (depending how Windows was installed on your system) via these instructions.

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, just checking in. I ran some tests, including a diagnostics test. I found that my HD wasn't being detected. Also, apparently, I had some issues with my memory cards.

I took out all of my memories, and tried turning the PC with each one to see the results. Apparently, not only are two of my memory sticks faulty, but my motherboard is also. Slots one and three of the motherboard weren't detected anything (tried using good memory sticks on them and nothing). Right now, I'm running my PC quite well with the 4G memory I have left and Dell should be stopping by any day now with another 4G's of memory and a new motherboard for me.

Thanks for all your help guys. We've got to stick together when PC's fall apart. :p

CAT

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Comment

Can you tell us more information about your computer and it's hardware?

Click the link below to help you find the cause of the crashes, it is an old post (2006) but the same tools are in win7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic74712.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mindkill View Post
              and then burn memtest to a CD with.
              Depending on the model of motherboard and whether its respective BIOS supports it, you may also have the option to use a USB flash drive (I believe most modern ASUS boards support it because of their EZFlash utility--don't know about other brands). At the very least, I know my old Striker Extreme and my brother's previous ASUS mobo both supported the process (since we had to use it...memory on those boards was finicky to say the least). Heck of a lot easier and more convenient if available, I'd say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X