Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Prospective College Laptop For the Next Few Years- It Has TG in the Name!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Prospective College Laptop For the Next Few Years- It Has TG in the Name!

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-TimelineX...0226015&sr=8-1

What do ya'll think?
    It would be for gaming and schoolwork/software mostly.

|TG-Irr|Icarus893
    sigpic

Re: My Prospective College Laptop For the Next Few Years- It Has TG in the Name!

Up to 8 hours of battery life (6-cell battery)
    *Skepticism piqued.* *First review states the obvious hard truths about the actual battery life.* *Skepticism sated.*

That said, I wouldn't expect to use that for any length of time without an outlet nearby. Depending on where you're going and how new the buildings are for the classes you will be/are taking, it may or may not be a problem. Newer buildings (and hence, their classrooms) tend to take laptop usage into account while the older ones...well, not so much.

One suggestion I do make, however, is that you go to a Best Buy, Fry's, or other such store with laptops on display and at least look at or get a feel for the brand (or better yet, the exact model if you can find it), regardless of how you actually go about purchasing it. A laptop with a keyboard that you don't like the feel or style of isn't something you necessarily want to deal with.

Comment

Re: My Prospective College Laptop For the Next Few Years- It Has TG in the Name!

Originally posted by Icarus View Post
      http://www.amazon.com/Acer-TimelineX...0226015&sr=8-1

What do ya'll think?
      It would be for gaming and very little schoolwork/software .
      fixed that for you....nice specs on the laptop
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think, if possible, you should take a look at some models with the newer sandy bridge processors. They're definitely faster and they should also give you longer battery life.
        "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

That's actually quite a nice midrange multimedia laptop. As with all the other Timelines', the Timeline X line is Acer's flagship multimedia laptop. As far as battery life goes, I wouldn't count on it being able to boost more than 5.5 hours in any mobile gaming jams. The 8 hour claim is usually under Power Saver mode and basically typing out word documents.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X