Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce 7800

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geforce 7800

    http://nvidia.com/page/7800_features.html

    http://nvidia.com/page/specs_gf7800.html


    All I can say is WOOOOW!!!

    This backy can output HD Quality video with full Dynamic Lighting in real time. This is the first card that can fully utilize the Doom3 Engine. The memory runs at over 38GB/second, a new high.

    I want one!! Someone buy me one..>

  • #2
    Re: Geforce 7800

    A co-worker just purchased a Dell gaming box that has a 7800 and 4GB of RAM among other things. He said BF2 looks amazing on it. Of course, I can't justify over $500 for a video card to my wife!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Geforce 7800

      Sure you can, just say that your 50 dollar game dosnt support your current card with the updates, meaning you cant play it, and you dont want a 50 dollar game to go to waist. I did that with my mother and got a 6800 for 200 bucks.
      Oyee

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Geforce 7800

        Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
        A co-worker just purchased a Dell gaming box that has a 7800 and 4GB of RAM among other things. He said BF2 looks amazing on it. Of course, I can't justify over $500 for a video card to my wife!

        Kind of depends on what resolution you want. I don't believe it is necessary for anything 1600x1200 max details or less. You can go with a previous generation card for those resolutions. For the extreme upper tier resolutions you definitely need this bad boy or even two of them.

        Also you can't just upgrade your video card if the rest of your system lacks. 1.5 gb ram for high settings and a decent processor wouldn't hurt either. I personally think it's worse that the X2 4800 from AMD was over $1100 retail street price when it was released. When in reality it's only 2 4000+'s put together for multitasking. Give me a FX-57 anyday.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Geforce 7800

          Hehe, Doom 3 in HD, now thats scary!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Geforce 7800

            someone here (fidelity...) has ordered 2x7800gtx's for sli.

            Just for comparison, ONE 7800gtx runs battlefield 2 at:
            1600x1200 4x TR MSAA / AF on High in the game
            with an average framerate of.... 47.7 fps

            two would probably make 50fps the minimum, 75 the average.

            ePenis envy is rising...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Geforce 7800

              i orderd 1 7800... might get a 2nd near christmas :)
              From Adam Webb

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Geforce 7800

                Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                someone here (fidelity...) has ordered 2x7800gtx's for sli.

                Just for comparison, ONE 7800gtx runs battlefield 2 at:
                1600x1200 4x TR MSAA / AF on High in the game
                with an average framerate of.... 47.7 fps

                two would probably make 50fps the minimum, 75 the average.

                ePenis envy is rising...
                http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2466&p=3

                Everything at 1600x1200 maxed. It shows one 7800 @ 69.1 fps. Two 7800's @ 89.6 FPS. Of course you need other parts of your system up to date to get these numbers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Geforce 7800

                  Ahh i forgot anand, just went with the [H]ard[H]ouse. My mistake.
                  Those numbers make baby jesus cry.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Geforce 7800

                    got my system set up now..... very very nice i cant believe the improvements!

                    my HL2 backup didnt work though, so im downloading it all again :icon_eek:

                    7700 on 3dmark 2005.

                    This is the most expensive "whole" pc ive had forever

                    A64 x2 4400
                    Asus A8N SLI premium
                    Asus 7800gtx
                    1gig ram
                    sb audigy
                    200+160gig maxtor hdd's

                    woooohooo...

                    now i gota get some battlefield 2 action i think.

                    edit: seeing that empty PCIx 16 slot is making me want to get another 7800gtx for SLI action..... please help me stop this! :D lol
                    From Adam Webb

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Geforce 7800

                      Originally posted by Overlag
                      now i gota get some battlefield 2 action i think.

                      edit: seeing that empty PCIx 16 slot is making me want to get another 7800gtx for SLI action..... please help me stop this! :D lol
                      You should really think about doubling your RAM before doubling your graphics... A gig of RAM is not going to give you the kind of performance you'd like with BF2.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Geforce 7800

                        Someone on GWJ just bought 5 of them to run SLI. The stash:


                        http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/17277
                        Last edited by CingularDuality; 07-15-2005, 06:16 PM. Reason: Edited image to an appropriate size...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Geforce 7800

                          I was checking out the x800 xt PE with the 7800 and they have almost the same performace. Also ati is cheaper. They are both neck and neck right now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Geforce 7800

                            Originally posted by T_BEAR
                            I was checking out the x800 xt PE with the 7800 and they have almost the same performace. Also ati is cheaper. They are both neck and neck right now.
                            your kidding arnt you?

                            the 7800 is miles ahead of a x800xt pe... unless you are talking about 1024res with no AA or AF. which is cpu limited

                            double my ram to 2gig? 2 gig ram would be slower for everything else. does BF2 really use 2gig?

                            currently the biggest game i use uses 600mb
                            From Adam Webb

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Geforce 7800

                              Originally posted by Overlag
                              your kidding arnt you?

                              the 7800 is miles ahead of a x800xt pe... unless you are talking about 1024res with no AA or AF. which is cpu limited

                              double my ram to 2gig? 2 gig ram would be slower for everything else. does BF2 really use 2gig?

                              currently the biggest game i use uses 600mb
                              2GB! You can have the fastest machine in the world with the best video. But 2GB does the most in terms of load time and content swapping while you're playing. I upgraded to 2GB specficially for this game.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X