I need help with gaming problems..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with gaming problems..

I have trouble playing online games such as: Counter-Strike: Source, Gta 3 ( MTA ) So on.. I lag alot and im not sure what it's due to? i have a fair idea it might be to do with my isp? I have Aol Silver package ( 512kbps ) But alot of people told me aol is rubbish, here are my specs: 2.4ghz intel celleron, 512Mb DDR RAM, 40gb hard drive, 64mb intel xtreme graphgics card, If i upgraded to toucan 1MB package would it make games run fine? thanks.
    Abehep

Re: I need help with gaming problems..

Your graphics processor isn't that great but if you don't have problems playing offline then it could be your connection. 512kbps isn't that fast and could give you lag spikes. Be sure to check your framerates and ping to see if it's a hardware problem or a connection problem.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

the celeron processor isnt that great of a processor...and since your graphic card is onboard it is shareing your RAM....an on board graphic card doesnt have the same power that a APG card would.....
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

You need to tell us how those games run offline. Run the video test for HL2 and tell us your fps. I have a feeling atleast with CSS you're a bit limited with the processor/video card combo.

Yes AOL does 'suck'. Mainly because they overcharge and overload their servers. This was with dialup anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
          I have trouble playing online games such as: Counter-Strike: Source, Gta 3 ( MTA ) So on.. I lag alot and im not sure what it's due to? i have a fair idea it might be to do with my isp? I have Aol Silver package ( 512kbps ) But alot of people told me aol is rubbish, here are my specs: 2.4ghz intel celleron, 512Mb DDR RAM, 40gb hard drive, 64mb intel xtreme graphgics card, If i upgraded to toucan 1MB package would it make games run fine? thanks.
          Celerons are not made for games.
          512MB RAM is at the bottom end of the bell curve for today's games.
          Integrated graphics (and 64MB at that) is no way to game.

Never mind about your connection; upgrade that computer.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Sup Craigster!

Hate to say it man but u gonna need to upgrade a bit to play alot of the new games including BF2. You have a nice system but its not set up the best for gaming. Personally I prefer to build my own computers and would encourage u to do the same but in the meantime I would perform the following upgrades to what u got now.

1) Start with Vid card. You gotta have at least 128mb (AGP ONLY) vid card and its gotta be highend nVidia or ATI like the BF2 manual recommends, even I had to upgrade my vidcard and it was pretty friggin nice. Also, if your motherboard doesn't support 8xAGP vid cards than you are probably gonna need a new system. PCI Vid cards are weaksauce my friend :P

2) Once u got that vid card upgrade to a 1 gig of DDR ram....gotta have atleast a gig or just hang yourself from a streetlamp with a bicycle chain because less than a gig is weaksauce also ;p

With my system BF2 runs decent with all video options set on medium and it runs flawlessly with some of the textures and other vid settings turned down a bit.

Here is my system info thanks to SiSoftware Sandra in the UK www.download.com

Processor
            Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ (overclocked)
            Speed : 2.2GHz
            Model Nuber : 3000 (estimated)
            Type : Standard
            L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte line size

Mainboard
            Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer Inc. A8V Deluxe
            Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
            MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
            MP APIC : Yes
            System BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. 1014.006
            System : To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Total Memory : 1GB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
            Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc K8T880Pro CPU to PCI Bridge
            Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1000MHz (2000MHz data rate)

Chipset 2
            Model : Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
            Memory Bus Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)

Video System
            Desktop Monitors/Panels : 2
            Monitor/Panel : Default Monitor
            Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor (NEC projector)
            Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Physical Storage Devices (dual 10,000rpm hardrives make up my C: drive)
            Hard Disk : Promise 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device (69GB)
            Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
            Hard Disk : Maxtor 54098H8 (38GB)
            Hard Disk : PNY Attache 2.0 USB Device
            CD-ROM/DVD : TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 (CD 48X Rd, 48X Wr) (DVD 6X Rd, 6X Wr)

FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
            Keyboard : Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
            Mouse : Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse
            Human Interface : Logitech Freedom 2.4 (HID)

Human Interface : Logitech Freedom 2.4 USB
            Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Mouse
            Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Keyboard
            Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Mouse & Enhanced Keys

MultiMedia Device(s)
            Device : Hauppauge WinTV 878/9 WDM Video Driver
            Device : Hauppauge WinTV 878/9 WDM Aux Driver
            Device : Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller

Operating System(s)
            Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Network Services
            Adapter : Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

-WC
            Last edited by Apophis; 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM. Reason: Editied to remove inappropriate content.
            Warcriminal
            chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by warcriminal2
              Sup Craigster!

Hate to say it man but u gonna need to upgrade a bit to play alot of the new games including BF2. You have a nice system but its not set up the best for gaming. Personally I prefer to build my own computers and would encourage u to do the same but in the meantime I would perform the following upgrades to what u got now.

1) Start with Vid card. You gotta have at least 128mb (AGP ONLY) vid card and its gotta be highend nVidia or ATI like the BF2 manual recommends, even I had to upgrade my vidcard and it was pretty friggin nice. Also, if your motherboard doesn't support 8xAGP vid cards than you are probably gonna need a new system. PCI Vid cards are weaksauce my friend :P

2) Once u got that vid card upgrade to a 1 gig of DDR ram....gotta have atleast a gig or just hang yourself from a streetlamp with a bicycle chain because less than a gig is weaksauce also ;p

With my system BF2 runs decent with all video options set on medium and it runs flawlessly with some of the textures and other vid settings turned down a bit.

Here is my system info thanks to SiSoftware Sandra in the UK www.download.com

Processor
              Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ (overclocked)
              Speed : 2.2GHz
              Model Nuber : 3000 (estimated)
              Type : Standard
              L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte line size

Mainboard
              Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer Inc. A8V Deluxe
              Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
              MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
              MP APIC : Yes
              System BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. 1014.006
              System : To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Chipset 1
              Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc K8T880Pro CPU to PCI Bridge

Chipset 2
              Model : Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
              Memory Bus Speed : 2x 200MHz (400MHz data rate)

Video System
              Desktop Monitors/Panels : 2
              Monitor/Panel : Default Monitor
              Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor (NEC projector)
              Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Physical Storage Devices (dual 10,000rpm hardrives make up my C: drive)
              Hard Disk : Promise 2+0 Stripe/RAID0 SCSI Disk Device (69GB)
              Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
              Hard Disk : Maxtor 54098H8 (38GB)
              Hard Disk : PNY Attache 2.0 USB Device
              CD-ROM/DVD : TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-R5372 (CD 48X Rd, 48X Wr) (DVD 6X Rd, 6X Wr)

FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
              Keyboard : Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
              Human Interface : Logitech Freedom 2.4 (HID)

Human Interface : Logitech Freedom 2.4 USB
              Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Mouse
              Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Keyboard
              Human Interface : Logitech Cordless USB Mouse & Enhanced Keys

MultiMedia Device(s)
              Device : Hauppauge WinTV 878/9 WDM Video Driver
              Device : Hauppauge WinTV 878/9 WDM Aux Driver
              Device : Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller

Operating System(s)
              Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 2)

Network Services
              Adapter : Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

-WC

He never said he was playing BF2.... CSS and GTA3.

BIG difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Muld
                He never said he was playing BF2.... CSS and GTA3.

BIG difference.
                The difference is big, yes, but there's no little denying that a hardware upgrade will do wonders for those games and others.
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                  The difference is big, yes, but there's no little denying that a hardware upgrade will do wonders for those games and others.

Yes, it would do him good to upgrade. If his financial situation doesn't allow it then what else can you do?

I'm sure he can play GTA3 and CSS at low resolutions and low details. He could not play BF2 at all, even if it didn't have the steep video card requirements. Still waiting him to post back if he plays offline and it "lags" and HL2 video test #'s. Then we can properly assess if an upgrade is beneficial for his circumstances.

Comment

yeah Muld....he might want to go ahead and get that bicycle chain ready :p
                    Warcriminal

Comment

No the games offline don't lag much, Half life 2 lags on certain parts, E.g whens thee alot of activity and high detail going on, Gta 3 Yes and no, can be a bit annoying really, Most of the time gta3 runs fine offline ( Since i recently baught GameGain 2 ), But what i find wierd the most, i could play gta 3 online without any lag and in a busy server this morning, But now the lag is hurendous...
                      Abehep

Comment

Oh yes, and with the video test i reached a max off 15 fps, Mainy varied between 10-13
                        Abehep

Comment

And my ping is allways low at around 50-100 In gta3, And i usally get kicked for high ping in big css servers :P
                          Abehep

Comment

And my ping is allways low at around 50-100 In gta3, And i usally get kicked for high ping in big css servers :P
                            Yeah bro, u might want to start thinkin about your next system if u want to get into some of the new games....you will be glad u did bro....trust me ;)
                            Warcriminal

Comment

Ok, How much would a " Ultimate " Gaming machine cost? If i also would need it for download too and web browsing?
                              Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X