No announcement yet.

Why: can you explain?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why: can you explain?

    As of late, I've really had to wonder about my dell laptop. Here is my question: When I touch my touch pad, it tingles. Why?

    What might be causing my finger to tingle when touching the touch pad, because this seriously doesn't seem right...

    Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

    "Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

  • #2
    Re: Why: can you explain?

    More or less, we can narrow that down to two general areas.

    Mechanical causes:
    *Electrical short
    *Broken touch pad contacts -- Broken-off pieces under the pad might give the illusion of a "tingling" sensation under the fingers.
    *Location of the HDD -- Depending on the location of the HDD, you might be feeling it spinning.
    *Static build-up -- If your laptop's power supply is insufficiently grounded (basic check: does the plug/adapter have two or three prongs?), it may be building up static inside the case and discharging through you (should not occur--but still can--when unplugged and running on battery).

    Medical causes:
    *Beginning stages of Carpal Tunnel
    *Poor wrist posture over extended period of time (basically putting your finger to sleep//cutting off the blood supply)

    The two mechanical causes I put in bold are the most likely of anything from my list (I'm pretty much 90% certain it's probably static build-up from an ungrounded plug/adapter with ~9.9% chance of the HDD's spinning and <0.1% chance of the rest combined).




    TeamSpeak 3 Server




    Twitter Feed