Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9 released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9 released

I can't believe no one posted about this yet!
    Looks like both are really good updates.
    We have talked some about Firefox4 here:Firefox 4 Beta 1 now available for download

I'm sure some fans of IE can post some more news about it, but since I'm a bit fond of FF , I'll hook up some good links for it.

Tweakguides.com has updated his tweak guide:
    Firefox Tweak Guide

Firefox 4 Friday: 25 million downloads, anti-aliasing, and how to make it look like Firefox 3 -there is more good info in the comments

Don't forget there are some Personas with TG themes, though they may need updating since things got rearranged in the new version.

Will post more when I find them.

There is one interesting one for IE:
    Hotmail adds IE9 desktop notification support in Windows 7

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9 released

I <3 Firefox.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Well, something I have noticed for a while now, but Firefox 4 is a lot faster and IE9 has slowed considerably since it became the official release.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I think there is a issue with Flash and FF4 and IE9. Flash video playback is very choppy in both browsers for me. I've seen others around the net reporting the same thing.

Videos will load and begin playing. Several seconds in, the does the loading thingy and stops for like 30 seconds before playing another minute and repeating the cycle over again.

Originally posted by BeSiege82
        Well, something I have noticed for a while now, but Firefox 4 is a lot faster and IE9 has slowed considerably since it became the official release.
        That's probably because you're using IE 64-bit which uses a completely different JS engine than IE 32-bit. That engine is as slow as IE7's and is why IE 64-bit is nowhere near as fast as IE 32-bit. Unfortunately, MS is forcing 64-bit for 64-bit OS and vice versa. So those of us with 64-bit OSes can't use 32-bit IE since MS won't allow us to download it.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Sticking with Chrome for now, I see no reason to change back tbh.....

Comment

I absolutely love fire fox! Got it all tricked out with personalized things and its pretty dang fast. I also got this thing called adblock plus, blocks pretty much every annoying ad. Id never go back to IE.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

+1 Jeepo! I love my Chrome.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

For anybody out there still using IE, you should really give Chrome a shot. For all the FireFox users out there who use few, if any, add-ons, you should also give Chrome a shot.
                "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

My only issue with chrome is that some sites still have some compatibility issues. Outside of that, single address/search bar ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                    single address/search bar ftw!
                    Aside from how fast Chrome is, this feature is the reason why I can never go back to Firefox
                    "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I'll admit, Firefox 4 has made some good previously-deal-breaking improvements that essentially copied chrome (separation and merging of tabbed windows, bookmark sync), But man, that single address/search bar. Simple yet effective.

Comment

My firefox 4 runs faster than chrome. so i use the fox. does anyone still use IE? i mean, seriously lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                          My firefox 4 runs faster than chrome. so i use the fox. does anyone still use IE? i mean, seriously lol
                          I have to use IE at work on base. And it SUCKS. Like today I needed to hit my home button, and looked for ever for it. Last week I remember not being able to find the new tab button. Of course they were both there, just in a weird place compared to what I know. I did figure out how to get Portable Firefox running, but I don't use it in case IT catches me. Pretty sure it's not allowed, since nothing else is.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Same, XP and IE 8 at work. On a single cope 1.2 Pentium, with 512 ram. And to make this abortion even worse, we are a high tech internet company, second in size only to BT in the UK.......

Comment

I just found out about this and love it. I'm going to set up an extra button on my mouse and maybe one of the G keys on my G15 keyboard to make it easy to use all the time.
                              Save your tabs and Panorama tab groups in Firefox 4

Also, this is really interesting:
                              Mozilla publishes name and shame list of slow Firefox add-ons, cracks down on tardy devs

I use 4-5 of those. I can't believe x-marks made the top 10. I'm going to disable some and give things a try.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X