Little more help :P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little more help :P

If i wanted a higher frame rate, Would i have to buy a better graphics card? as i took the video stress test on css and average 14 fps. Specs:

GENERAL:

Proccessor: Intel(r) Celeron(r) CPU 2.40GHZ 2400 MHz

L2 cashe: 128kb

Memory: 503 MB (80*% used)

Mainboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6577

GRAPHICS:

Moniter: Plug and play moniter

video card: Intel(r) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV GRAPHICS CONTROLLER

Mode:800x600 with 32 bit color depth

INPUT:

Mouse: PS/2 cOMPATIBLE MOUSE

Keyboard: Standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural PS/2 keyboard
    Last edited by Craigster; 07-12-2005, 03:29 PM.
    Abehep

Re: Little more help :P

Give us the specs on your machine and we'll let you know.
    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Based on your previous post (that you're running an On-Board graphics card) I would deffinantly say an upgraded GPU should be in your future for better performance. wether or not you can simply buy a card or if you need to overhaul your whole PC depends on your mobo/psu, etc.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I would think you would be heavily cpu limited by running a celeron. To face the hard facts your parents probably got it for internet use which is fine. It's no where near a gaming machine. You will need a whole new computer. I suggest not even upgrading it just redo everything if you can. It will be so much better in the end. I'm just wondering what company is your computer from?

My friend had a computer a few years ago from gateway that did not even have an AGP slot. There was no way to upgrade the intergrated graphics card on it as the Motherboard did not have the required slot. He had to buy a new motherboard, cpu and video card. You may as well see if you have an AGP slot before you even worry about if you can just upgrade the video card. (search google for pics of motherboards and AGP slots).

Comment

there posted
          Abehep

Comment

Is it an HP or a Compaq machine? If so, what's the model?

Comment

A copy of the manual for your motherboard is here:

http://www.emeyer.co.uk/temp/xenon3_manual.pdf

Comment

Sorry for the triple post. After a quick review of the manual and your specs, my advice would be (in the following order, most bang for the buck comes first):

1. Upgrade your video card. I would suggest a Radeon 9600 Pro (under $100) or a 9800 Pro (under $200).

2. Upgrade your RAM to 1GB. You may have to replace your existing memory, but even so it should only cost you about $100. Check the exact chipset you have. If it's the 845GE, you'll want DDR333 (PC2700). If not, you'll want DDR266 (PC2100). I have a gut feeling, since you have a 2.4GHz Celeron, that you've got an 845G chipset, not an 845GE, but I can't say for sure.

3. Upgrade your CPU. You'll want a Pentium 4 with a Northwood core. If you have an 845GE chipset, then you have a 533MHz frontside bus; otherwise, you have a 400MHz frontside bus. I think the fastest Northwood you're likely to find with a 400MHz FSB is 2.4GHz (I could be wrong); with a 533MHz FSB, you can get 3.06GHz or even 3.4GHz. The cost varies with speed, of course. EBay may be your friend here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X