I did a little upgrade recently.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a little upgrade recently.....

These are the new specs on my computer now that I switched out a few components.

Antec DF-85 tower
    MSI P67A-GD55 1155 socket Sandy Bridge Military Class (not sure why they call it the military class but I just like the way that sounds) (will run crossfire or SLI)
    Intel CI7 2600K 3.4 OC'd to 4.2G
    G.Skill 16G memory DDR3 1600 (to be installed on Monday as it's in route now)
    Corsair H70 water cooled
    Antec 1000W PSU
    nVidia Geforce GTX 580 GPU
    Corsair 128G C300 SSD Drive SATA 6G (I'm only running a couple of games currently so this is all I need for now and have 2 other standard HD's 1T and 500G
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: I did a little upgrade recently.....

Thats a rocking machine

Comment

Yeah nice and fast...and now I'm dripping with envy and jealousy! :cries:
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Nice.... add me to the jealous list.
        sigpic

Comment

My only curiosity is... why the 1000w PSU. I feel like you just wanted some serious headroom, or was misinformed. With your setup you would have been just fine with a 650w PSU and still have some decent space. Even if you had headroom in mind, throwing in a second 580 you would still only need a nice 850w and I have even heard of some running SLI 580's on 750. If you look at many reviews of many present PSU's most of them are rated 80-90% efficiency and even though they may be stated to only have 750w, in load testing many have shown to be completely stable doing 900w. So to be honest, your 1000w PSU, if pushed could more than likely give you about 1150w in load. With that said, I was just wondering why you went with such a high wattage PSU.
          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Originally posted by fall3n View Post
            my only curiosity is... Why the 1000w psu. I feel like you just wanted some serious headroom, or was misinformed. With your setup you would have been just fine with a 650w psu and still have some decent space. Even if you had headroom in mind, throwing in a second 580 you would still only need a nice 850w and i have even heard of some running sli 580's on 750. If you look at many reviews of many present psu's most of them are rated 80-90% efficiency and even though they may be stated to only have 750w, in load testing many have shown to be completely stable doing 900w. So to be honest, your 1000w psu, if pushed could more than likely give you about 1150w in load. With that said, i was just wondering why you went with such a high wattage psu.
            i want MOAR POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fall3n View Post
              With that said, I was just wondering why you went with such a high wattage PSU.
              Probably falls under the same reason I have an 850W PSU in my system. The "I'll throw in a second video card if I ever need/want to" upgrade that never actually happens. However, it's better to have excess power and not need it. Yes, it's more energy efficient to be as close as possible to what the system actually needs, but with fluctuations and changes over time, it really isn't pertinent to toe the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Fall3n View Post
                With that said, I was just wondering why you went with such a high wattage PSU.
                When I first installed the 580 I thought I was having an issue with the power and because I could afford it I upgraded from my 750 to 1000. I just left it in and will use the 750w in another computer. I have no problems with having too much power and it's much better than having too little.
                "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
                "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...