No announcement yet.

Android Users - LauncherPro - Great launcher/ui that doesn't need rooting!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Users - LauncherPro - Great launcher/ui that doesn't need rooting!

So after a co-worker who was sick of the Sense UI on his MyTouch 4G ranted and raved about the LauncherPro program by Federico Carnales, I decided to give it a go on my old MyTouch 3G. I have been getting absolutely sick of how slow my phone would boot, operate, and run in general.

My phone, which is based on the old G1 hardware, used to be great, but as the OS has been updated, and apps have advanced considerably in the last 2 years, it's become slow as frozen molasses. I did everything. Rebooted frequently, uninstalled tons of apps, cleared my cache, etc.

Then I installed LauncherPro (now available in the app market). WOW! What a difference it makes on my ancient phone! Even doing the cool screen transitions and various effects, it still runs fast. The level of customization is pretty insane when considering that you don't need to root your phone.

Have any of you all tried it? Thoughts? Is it worth upgrading to the "plus" unlocked version? So far, I've been quite impressed and would suggest giving it a go if you're getting sick of your stock launcher/ui, or if your phone's been sluggish.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Android Users - LauncherPro - Great launcher/ui that doesn't need rooting!

I have ADWLuancher EX and LauncherPro on my Droid Incredible. I'm not sure how the plus is in LP. Both launchers are nice but I hardly ever use them. I may buy the Tron theme for adwlauncher later today. Also I'm going to check out the new Regina 3D Launcher.

I hope that when they update my phone to Gingerbread this summer that it rolls out with Sense 2.0. I read an article today that said "HTC Sense 3.0 will only support Sensation, EVO 3D, Flyer and newer devices; older hardware left behind".

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed