Issues with crossfire setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with crossfire setup

I recently bought second identical 5870 video card, installed it according to the mobo manual opent up CCC and made sure that crossfire is enabled. When i launched BC2 i saw no improvement in FPS what so ever and i got couries WTH??? So i opened CCC and run the auto tune test. I noticed that my first card activity go up and so does the temp but my new card stays still. I also noticed that when i plug in the monitor to the new card connectors nothing happens, only the old card connectors are working. When i unplug the first card and run single with the new one everything is fine. I tried benchmark utilities and i was getting better score with single GPU then with both of them. i ran gpu-z as well it shows that crossfire is enable but performance does not change. I am reinstalling Windows now and crossing my fingers while i am at it. Thoughts anyone?

My system specs are:
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
    ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920
    G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active ...
    SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video ...
    DIAMOND AMD ATI Radeon™ HD5870 PCIE 1024MB GDDR5 Video Card

Thanks

Ostry
    sigpic

Re: Issues with crossfire setup

i forgot to mention that GPU1 receives VDDC: 1.125V and GPU2 VDDC:1.175V.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you connect the Crossfire bridge connector? (It's a thin and small ribbon connector that hooks up both cards to each other. Usually hooks up to the top of each card.)

As an aside I (and quite a few others here) have said this in the past: Crossfire and SLI really doesn't give much of an increase in FPS in games unless you have a multi-monitor setup and game across all those monitors. You might only see a few extra fps to perhaps 20-30 fps on single monitor setups.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yes i have the bridge connector installed.
        The reinstalling windows did not helped.
        Multiple monitor or not i think it should spread the work load between the two GPU almost evenly. In my case i get better performance with single GPU than with 2 GPUs with Crossfire enabled. I tried switching cards to eliminate faulty card or PCIe connector. The second card always stays idled. I also noticed the core clocks on second card (does not matter which one it is) are set to 157/300. I think this is the problem. CCC and other third party software won't let me adjust these (getting failed message) while i can adjust the first card core clocks with no problem. Looked in mobo BIOS for settings to adjust this with no luck. I tried changing the the EnableULPS in registry as someone in AMD forums suggested and still no luck. I will try flashing GPU BIOS this week.
        Please Help
        Cheers!
        sigpic

Comment

Iīm not familiar with crossfire but a GIS turns up some usual problems;

Cat A.I enabled?
          Latest graphic drivers for the motherboard?
          Faulty motherboard? In my experience this is the most common problem when troubleshooting.
          sigpic

Comment

I used to run an SLI setup in my own computer, but I don't have any experience with Crossfire and ATI/AMD cards. I know both of your cards are Radeon HD 5870's but are you sure that you can mix and match the manufacturers, i.e. Diamond and Sapphire?
            "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
              I used to run an SLI setup in my own computer, but I don't have any experience with Crossfire and ATI/AMD cards. I know both of your cards are Radeon HD 5870's but are you sure that you can mix and match the manufacturers, i.e. Diamond and Sapphire?
              Checked, both cards are totally compatible, that isn't the problem.
              All the benchmarking software i ran in windowed mode, going to try in full screen tonight maybe second card will kick in (crossing my fingers).

Does FRAPS caps FPS to 60?. Does anyone getting more FPS than 60 here?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                Yeah, just did that with excellent results. Originally had a MSI added a XFX.

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                Does FRAPS caps FPS to 60?. Does anyone getting more FPS than 60 here?
                I run an i5 750, and average 80+ FPS on BC2, maxed out settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                  Yeah, just did that with excellent results. Originally had a MSI added a XFX.

I run an i5 750, and average 80+ FPS on BC2, maxed out settings.
                  Ok now i am really puzzled. What graphic card do you run? Somehow my FPS does not go above 60. Am i missing any settings to adjust in FRAPS?
                  sigpic

Comment

OSTRY, you've tried uninstalling drivers and installing the latest?

I wish I had some hands-on experience with Crossfire. I do know BC2 has had a horrible history where Crossfire/SLI and dual-GPUs are concerned (lots of problems and initially didn't even work at launch).
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      At least a dozen times :-) I also used driver cleaner and sweeper to make sure all of it is out.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok now i am really puzzled. What graphic card do you run? Somehow my FPS does not go above 60. Am i missing any settings to adjust in FRAPS?
                        Both 5870's. I'm not sure if it's a FRAPS issue, however (I don't use FRAPS, I use PlayClaw).

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post

I wish I had some hands-on experience with Crossfire. I do know BC2 has had a horrible history where Crossfire/SLI and dual-GPUs are concerned (lots of problems and initially didn't even work at launch).
                          I ran an SLI configuration that was used primarily for BC2 from March 2010 until Feb 2011 and rarely ran into any issues. The only issues I ever had was a black screen flickering problem that went away a long time ago. Even that issue I'm not sure was ever an SLI specific issue and may have just been an overheating issue. SLI and Crossfire is supposed to be effective in BC2.
                          "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

Ok, I came home today booted up, ran MSI Afterburner and its working. I don't know how or what i did but its fixed and i am happy:-) FRAPS showing 120 FPS!!

Thanks guys for all the help and see ya on the battlefield.
                            sigpic

Comment

Itīs not supposed to show higher framrates than 60 when itīs recording i.e red numbers. Is FPS never over 60 even when youīre not recording?
                              Last edited by general_alvin; 04-19-2011, 01:42 AM. Reason: Never mind, glad that itīs working :)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X