Say goodbye to buffering on T-Mobile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say goodbye to buffering on T-Mobile?

So I saw this commercial the other day, and thought "Whatever. That's probably for 4g phones only." Well, to my surprise, when using Youtube on my crappy old MyTouch 3G tonight, the videos starting playing instantly! No noticeable buffering! Sure enough, they've REALLY improved Youtube a LOT. It used to take forever to buffer. I don't know how they pulled this off, but it really does work impressively.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Say goodbye to buffering on T-Mobile?

It's the connection speeds. Over the last year, TMO has been ramping up the speeds one city at a time as they upgrade the network to handle both 3G and 4G. This time last year, I used to get about 1m down and 300k up. Speedtest 5 minutes ago shows 6m down and 3m up. Started for me about 6 months ago, but thats because Denver was pretty high on the priority city list.

Comment

Pretty soon, say goodbye to doing that as AT&T dumps all of it's ipad/iphone users on TMO. They released a report a while ago that they just can't keep up with the info smartphones use and that was a major reason for their buying them, because they had a much better mobile data infrastructure.

What amazes me is I'm still seeing the old commercials where they're bashing AT&T for having a crappy data plan and high prices for slow speeds.... when they're now AT&T.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/AT-T-Ver...ews-10948.html

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
        Pretty soon, say goodbye to doing that as AT&T dumps all of it's ipad/iphone users on TMO. They released a report a while ago that they just can't keep up with the info smartphones use and that was a major reason for their buying them, because they had a much better mobile data infrastructure.

What amazes me is I'm still seeing the old commercials where they're bashing AT&T for having a crappy data plan and high prices for slow speeds.... when they're now AT&T.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/AT-T-Ver...ews-10948.html
        Keep in mind those ads launched before the acquisition of T-Mobile was finalized. I think it was a pretty good targeted advert for T-Mobile. Also, both companies are just that: companies. They still remain separate until the merger goes through all the red tape and various approval processes. So, T-Mobile isn't AT&T, not yet anyways.

To quote the recent Q&A from AT&T:

An agreement was announced under which AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA. The agreement is the first step in a process that, including regulatory approvals, is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. Until then, we remain a separate company and continue to operate independently.
        AT&T's admittance, I'm not at all surprised. They've always been dead last in getting anything done. So instead of being ahead of the curve, they're now behind and using T-Mobile as an excuse.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X