Boot up problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot up problems...

What does two long beeps mean during boot up?

Re: Boot up problems...

Depends on the motherboard or BIOS. Do you know which brand?

Comment

Asus K8n4-e motherboard.

Comment

I can't find a listing for just 2 long beeps with either the Phoenix or Award BIOS code (standard on ASUS)...

Comment

usually long beeps are something crucial not plugged in... mem, vid, cpu, (rare the mobo will start without cpu bu a bad VR might do it.....
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Well at least to me it sounds like 2 long beeps. Just out of curiosity how long should a long beep be?

Also the GF/X-GF (have not decided) says there is an error message when it happens but I have not seen it yet.

Last thing that might help is that this is an intermittant issue. Normally it boots just fine, even then she does not turn it off so it gets rebooted rarely as well.

Comment

All the beep-tables for Phoenix and Award I found has beeps in sets of 3, as I recall:
              http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

The Phoenix page is erroring right now, but it has sequences like 1-2-1 as so forth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X