Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sometimes.... google sucks. help needed please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes.... google sucks. help needed please.

I know I remember seeing a video demo of software that allows 2 computers to act as one... allowing 2 single monitor computers to be a single multimonitor platform.

They even demonstrated a video playing half on one computer and half on the other... with no stuttering, compression, or tearing. I need to find out what that was.

I have my two beautiful u2311h's sitting in portrait side by side, but how awesome would it be to have my old 24" in the mix too.

I am using synergy right now, and it works well enough. The problem is that it is still two separate computers... I want the desktop of the first computer to extend to the 3rd monitor attached to a jetway nettop. the nettop is an atom d525 (dual core hyperthreaded 1.8ghz) ion setup with 4gig ram and can play 1080p content easily, so I know the system is capable of the task. I just need the software that makes it all happen. having a 3360x1920 desktop would make me cry.

Does ANYONE remember seeing that video? I think it was from a ces post of bamboos' but I just cant remember.

thanks in advance.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Re: sometimes.... google sucks. help needed please.

I would PM Bamboo and point him to this thread. He barely checks the forum nowadays since he's so busy with work and traveling.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

If you mean something like using your second PC's monitor as an extension of your first PC's desktop, Maxivista can do that for Windows. Multiplicity is kind of like Synergy. But neither treat your computers as a single computer. For that I think you'd need some kind of cluster computing operating system like Microsoft's Compute Cluster Server 2003 or Windows HPC Server 2008, assuming we're talking about MS OSes here.

Comment

maxivista is what I was looking for I believe. I will try it and report back. my intention it to be able to use my 3rd monitor without having to upgrade to an eyefinity capable card. I need an NVidia card for the cuda and mercury engine in Adobe, but also want to use 3 or 4 monitors... without adding a second video card (I only have 1 16x pci-e slot)... I need something else to do the trick.

as I said, I have a little nettop that is awesome all by itself, but being able to slide the title window over to a third monitor will make life much easier.... synergy is great, but I am still dealing with 2 separate computers... so files are harder to share, and programs do not migrate.....

Premature thank you to Sordavie.... I am almost possitive that is exactly what I was looking for, but I will know very shortly.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X